Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Boost-aholic
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about the last few months and that I've bought a boat load of new parts. I was also thinking yeah, I am going to be happy with the way the car is now. But I've had the car for over 6 years and I've always wanted to buy parts for the car. I know a few people on here that have some AWESOME setups and I have taken bits and pieces from everyone's setup to make my car what it is now (or what it's being transformed into).

My question is to all of you....When will you stop modding your Terminator? Is there really an end to the madness? :naww:

Jr.

· Registered
5,035 Posts
It's common for people to either get sick of modding so they sell the car, or they finally achieve "everything they wanted" so they get bored with it & sell the car.

You have to find your own balance of what's affordable, what's fun, and what's fun to drive.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
I actually removed a mod and put the stock parts in its place last week. Of course, I can easily think of a dozen things I'd still like to do- without even touching any parts on the engine.

· Registered
1,664 Posts
Modding = cash + time.

As long as I have cash I will mod.

Unless I get sidetracked by women that NEVER want me to spend a penny on my cars. Only on them.

These are generally referred to as "exes"

My Cobra will always stay mine.

· Registered
5,035 Posts
It's not bad until you start going through the same mod 3-8 times to perfect it.

AKA; my fuel system
AKA; my differential
AKA; my transmission

:(

· Boost-aholic
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ed, I think you're right....and I think I'm properly infected. I just can't see getting rid of the car and I will probably keep doing little things to it here and there until there is nothing more to buy. That is until someone comes out with something new and I'll be one of the guys to be the first to by the new mods. Kinda like when the billet heat extractors came out. Who needs those??? The one that has already modded their car as much as they could. I'm not saying that I won't buy those but they seem pretty insignificant at this point.

Jr.

· Registered
333 Posts
Never ends I will be Modding until I am dead. I have been infected for the last 16 years and the only time I sell is to move up the ladder. It started with foxes then went to the SN platform from there to both first and second Gen lightnings. This is the second cobra the first one I bought was in 03 kept it six months got me divorced lol and almost killed man I loved that car. Hit a rough patch with money and moved on this one has been around 3 years and will stay till I am dead no matter what problems it gives me.

· Registered
88 Posts
I love mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Administrator
9,825 Posts
Ed, I think you're right....and I think I'm properly infected. I just can't see getting rid of the car and I will probably keep doing little things to it here and there until there is nothing more to buy. That is until someone comes out with something new and I'll be one of the guys to be the first to by the new mods. Kinda like when the billet heat extractors came out. Who needs those??? The one that has already modded their car as much as they could. I'm not saying that I won't buy those but they seem pretty insignificant at this point.

Jr.
In the early seventies Mitch, (I know, I know) we used to have a race car trailer with a biohazard icon on the back door of the trailer so everyone saw it as you drove down the highway. Above the icon in big black lettering was the word DANGER and below it, on two lines nicely printed again in bold black lettering, were the words Behind This Door is a Disease for Which There is no Known Cure! Once or twice in the early days we actually got pulled over by the occasional Highway Patrol car because of it. Usually pretty entertaining once you explain and open up the side door.

Ed

· Registered
168 Posts
I get bored easily with my car. I will add more power, a week later or two, im already used to it and that's that. It will never end :weep:
I am the exact same way haha. I started out with a 13 second fox at 16(which was fast back in 1999) to a few 11 sec foxes and an 03 cobra. Sold everyone cause there was something else I wanted. Finally sticking with the same car now I will have for life. Over 2 years it has went from high 11's to high 10's and now low 10's(mid 9's very soon)........but in the end it still is not enough! I give rides to friends and other people. They are shitting their pants and I am just like "well it feels slow to me.....needs more power haha!! Next year will be a figuring out the suspension and saving for a shortblock and a turbo or 2 lol!!

· Registered
247 Posts
Although many of us have owned or own other cars, I find it interesting that most, or at least many of us, say that our Terminator is the car that we plan on owning for ever.
I have also noticed that many of those that have sold a Terminator in the past, slide back into another one.
Some even from a newer 05+ come back to the Terminator.

I believe modding is a personal experience for each of us. Whatever the reason, I agree it's rewarding and never let it end.

And the Terminator is the perfect mod machine.

· Registered
6,161 Posts
I am the exact same way haha. I started out with a 13 second fox at 16(which was fast back in 1999) to a few 11 sec foxes and an 03 cobra. Sold everyone cause there was something else I wanted. Finally sticking with the same car now I will have for life. Over 2 years it has went from high 11's to high 10's and now low 10's(mid 9's very soon)........but in the end it still is not enough! I give rides to friends and other people. They are shitting their pants and I am just like "well it feels slow to me.....needs more power haha!! Next year will be a figuring out the suspension and saving for a shortblock and a turbo or 2 lol!!
BHAHAHA spot on brother!!! I just said the same thing today to my friend. I took my car out, and I was like wow, what a bag of shit man. Feel's freakin pathetic. I have a 2.9 whipple on my car that we did about two week's ago and im like um ok.

Im still waiting on more car's to get the crusher setup for the 2.9. If it work's out on like 4-5 car's and they see huge gains, then the crusher will be my next mod along with stage 2 comp cams or custom cams from john at MP or accufab

· Administrator
9,825 Posts
Although many of us have owned or own other cars, I find it interesting that most, or at least many of us, say that our Terminator is the car that we plan on owning for ever.
I have also noticed that many of those that have sold a Terminator in the past, slide back into another one.
Some even from a newer 05+ come back to the Terminator.

I believe modding is a personal experience for each of us. Whatever the reason, I agree it's rewarding and never let it end.

And the Terminator is the perfect mod machine.
There is another interesting facet also Doc. Once you have had a blown motor it is all but impossible to ever go back to a n/a engine and truly enjoy working with the engine. Blowers change everything and at the same time forever spoil us for power production.

Ed

· Registered
802 Posts
yep...it doesnt end...you may find times in life where you are "content" with your car BUT i guarantee you will ALWAYS be looking for new and improved items...I am 40 and been modding my mustangs since I was 16yrs old. It never stops...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.