Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
They are out now. Check with Amazon re: bf. I do not know who has Metco.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeap. I just found the thread regarding the GP. I'll have to check with AR. Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Billetflows are shipping either today or tommorrow, as per Doug. The Metco's are shipping by the 24th, as per Arron.

Billetflow's 199.00 list, but there is a special purchase through Amazon Racing see there post.

Metco's 179.00 list. Don't know of any specials yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before I make my decision, I want to see an infront view of the Billet Flow vs. the Metco idler. I want to see the size of the pulley (or the distance from the supercharger pulley). I also heard the Metco's adjustable? (I could be wrong)

Who's got those pictures? (a front view, not top-down view or diagonal view)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good. What size idler pulley is that ? I think it could be slightly bigger...

G

·
BPU Dawg Killer said:
Looks good. What size idler pulley is that ? I think it could be slightly bigger...
Those are the stock pully sizes used (90 mm I think)....I do have a 100 mm on the lower that really just changes the angle of how the belt hits the new upper idler....I could go bigger....I am not sure how the belt rides on the 100 mm..I do have one..I might try it to see...but for now..I have no belt slippage at all..period...so it works as is too.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
the metco unit is 3/4 inch closer to the supercharger tha billetflows,more belt wrap and you get to choose your idler size do you get to do that with the other unit?

G

·
A-DOG said:
the metco unit is 3/4 inch closer to the supercharger tha billetflows,more belt wrap and you get to choose your idler size do you get to do that with the other unit?
Not sure of that....but I have so many different size Idlers laying around I never had to ask.

Either product is awesome!!!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A-DOG said:
I was the one who called you guys about an hour or so ago. Not sure if you answered or not, but anyways.... Somebody put up a group purchase for the Metco units as well so we can see price differences, if any.

G

·
Ok gang...went out into the garage...I put the 100 mm Idler on the new Billet Flow unit...it is about 3/16 gap between the belts....doesnt even come close when getting on the throttle. Nice and close...sweet belt wrap. I did have to move the 100mm idler bearing in about 1/16, so the belt would ride perfectly on it.

So...go to that same link again....and make sure you are refreshing it as new and not bringing up the old pic if you did already.

http://members.aol.com/c0bra2oo3/P1020029.jpg

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts