Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know where to start on modifying a mach 1. I assume removing the air silencer and maf screen is a start and then what? 4.10s probably. Is there any differences between exhaust systems, midsections, and headers made for a mach1 as compared to an 03 cobra or 99/01 cobra? Who makes intake kits or is this not possible with the current hoodfed intake. I would like to build a bolt on N/A car that's reasonably quick and streetable.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Well...the catback exhaust is different from the 03 Cobra's and all of the IRS cobra's. Since the Mach 1's have a solid rear out back. So alot of the earlier mod motored Cobra engine parts will work...but remember...we do have a better intake now and the exhaust ports are matched up pretty good on the stock exhaust manifolds. Also our heads are identical to the 03 Cobra Heads..cams and all. I am sure others will have more info too. I am new to the non supercharged world of the Mach 1's and 4.6 DOHC V8's. I am so full of 03 Cobra info..that at times..I get messed up with all the info.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to take advantage of the 12grand difference in price between a cobra and a mach 1(23grand now) since I'm on a budget. I have no idea on the order of mods and which parts to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
RotaryMagic said:
Actually I wanted a performance parts site not an OEM parts site.
Buy a copy of any of the major Mustang magazines...most of the performance places have multi-page ads with web addresses...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts