Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day for the last week I have been waiting (searching all the forums) to see the dyno numbers for Edelbrock's E-force S197 kit. Anyone know what is going on?

I heard their dyno broke...I really want to see a comparison between the E-force and Techco both at 8 psi...on a completely stock S197...

Looks like the Techco will be about $1,000 to $1,500 more than E-force...

JDM has one on the dyno, but the block is forged... and won't give out numbers because MMFF wants to pay them for the results...

JUST GIVE US THE NUMBERS!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Every day for the last week I have been waiting (searching all the forums) to see the dyno numbers for Edelbrock's E-force S197 kit. Anyone know what is going on?

I heard their dyno broke...I really want to see a comparison between the E-force and Techco both at 8 psi...on a completely stock S197...

Looks like the Techco will be about $1,000 to $1,500 more than E-force...

JDM has one on the dyno, but the block is forged... and won't give out numbers because MMFF wants to pay them for the results...

JUST GIVE US THE NUMBERS!!!!
Its not that we are getting payed for the numbers, and im really kind of upset for being accused of that. If i knew my dyno numbers were worth anything i would have started a bidding war! Seriously thats not the case here, I made over 520 on my first pull with their stock upper pulley and our 12% overdrive pulley on the bottom. It saw around 10 psi boost. The blower was very quiet and still is even with the current 3.2 upper. Thats what i drive on the street and the car is FREAKING FAST!!! Its really insane, the fastest car ive ever owned. We've also dynoed the car with more boost and made some big numbers for fun too! But i can't share them right now.

I cant say much about the setup because MM&FF is considering it for an article. Its not that im holding back information here, Its just the way these thigns work.

There are only a hand full of these in the public right now, people are still testing. Testing is good because it ensures that when you do get it your kit its perfect!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slap me...my wife is right... I jump to conclusions... I don't know what I am talking about... except for the fact that in my "warped... frustrated... mind" (It's a Wonderful Life reference), I figured when MMFF "persuaded" a vendor to hold back info there had to be a monetary reason for it...

I guess the incentive is the "free" press a vendor gets when MMFF does a story using the vendor's shop and dyno... and then lists the phone number and address at the end of the article...It's like one big advertisement for the vendor...

Sorry Jim!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Slap me...my wife is right... I jump to conclusions... I don't know what I am talking about... except for the fact that in my "warped... frustrated... mind" (It's a Wonderful Life reference), I figured when MMFF "persuaded" a vendor to hold back info there had to be a monetary reason for it...

I guess the incentive is the "free" press a vendor gets when MMFF does a story using the vendor's shop and dyno... and then lists the phone number and address at the end of the article...It's like one big advertisement for the vendor...

Sorry Jim!!!!
Hey its okay, i understand i want to share just as much as you want to know!! What i can say is the blower makes some serious power! It runs very, very cool! and Its super quiet! Besides the fact that it installs super clean and all parts are all available through edelbrock to make as much power as you like and we can provide the custom tuning!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello everybody, its been about 2 years since i've posted on any forums just wanted to give everyone here some technical information on the new Edelbrock Supercharger. I did manage to find one small square pad underneath the supercharger that they forgot to put their Edelbrock logo on! Thats what i told Rob Simons the designer of the supercharger, we both laughed about that, haha. Well here is some of the skinny on the supercharger.

Its got really big capabilities. So far we have made well into the 600 HP range with it and have'nt found its limits yet! Its made over 500 ftlbs of torque at 3000 RPM, the one thing i also found that was really cool about this supercharger is just this. The air charge temperature also doesnt seem to grow nearly as fast as other units we have used. Since the temperatures never get as high as other units on the market, we are talking 30-40 degrees differcence, the air charge temperature that it does generate cools alot faster! That is due to 3 things. 1) Is what i explained just above this 2) is that the rotor design "TVS" does its compressing in the manifold above the supercharger case. Where as the other designs compress the air inside the case (ie Saleen, Whipple, KB, Etc.) 3) The air only has about 8 inchs of travel before it hits the back of the rotors, which these are inverted rotors, the shortest path with airflow. This doesnt beat the air up as much so the air is cooler before it gets to the rotors.

We have made 700 HP with TVS superchargers before. There is no reason that this Edelbrock with TVS rotors can not do the same thing. In fact you'll be suprised at the numbers when the magazine article comes out!

Hope this helps!

P.S. dont beat me up if i dont get back up here for another 2 years..

JimIII is under strict instructions not to give out Horsepower numbers on his car, but he does have plenty of knowledge to share with what we have done so far with the Edelbrock.

[email protected]

·
Registered
454 Posts
HI. I'm looking to buy as supercharger for my 08 GT with an auto trans next month(i hope). I'm in Illinois. Where could i get the Edelbrock one custom tuned/installed? Have looked into a Saleen 475 also. I have already installed JBA long tubes with JBA hi-flow cats/JBA mufflers/3.73 gears. Also some stuff i'll have to remove when the blower goes on...(MMR CAI/custom tune/...etc). I have BBK twin 62mm T-body and Steeda undersrive pullies NOT installed yet. I know i can't use the pullies with a blower. IFFF i were to go with a Saleen 475...can't i use the BBK T-body? I JUST joined today...so please excuse any dumb questions...etc!! Thanks:salut:

·
Registered
27 Posts
HI. I'm looking to buy as supercharger for my 08 GT with an auto trans next month(i hope). I'm in Illinois. Where could i get the Edelbrock one custom tuned/installed? Have looked into a Saleen 475 also. I have already installed JBA long tubes with JBA hi-flow cats/JBA mufflers/3.73 gears. Also some stuff i'll have to remove when the blower goes on...(MMR CAI/custom tune/...etc). I have BBK twin 62mm T-body and Steeda undersrive pullies NOT installed yet. I know i can't use the pullies with a blower. IFFF i were to go with a Saleen 475...can't i use the BBK T-body? I JUST joined today...so please excuse any dumb questions...etc!! Thanks:salut:
First, there are no stupid questions when it comes to learning about your car. Anything you can learn about your car is a good thing and we're here to help.

Second, you can use the BBK throttle body with the Saleen blower. No problems there.

Third, we're working on different kits and pricing for the Edelbrock supercharger. The supercharger kit comes with a tune from Edelbrock that you can use if you install the base complete kit. We can provide you with different upgrades for this blower to reach your desired level of power, and we can provide you with the custom tuning for whatever level of performance you are after.

If you're really leaning toward the Saleen blower, we've got some of the last SuperShakers around and I can offer some killer deals on them for the next two weeks. PM me your number so I can call you with details on either the Saleen blowers or the Edelbrock!

·
Registered
454 Posts
JDM...Wish you were closer!! I'm in the middle of Illinois. The stock Edelbrock tune would have to be modified for my exhaust,gears..etc...correct? Thanks alot,Joe

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
JDM...Wish you were closer!! I'm in the middle of Illinois. The stock Edelbrock tune would have to be modified for my exhaust,gears..etc...correct? Thanks alot,Joe
Thats right but we can offer you a tune for the parts you have existing with the Edelbrock too!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Got your pm. Just sent a reply!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hello everybody, its been about 2 years since i've posted on any forums just wanted to give everyone here some technical information on the new Edelbrock Supercharger. I did manage to find one small square pad underneath the supercharger that they forgot to put their Edelbrock logo on! Thats what i told Rob Simons the designer of the supercharger, we both laughed about that, haha. Well here is some of the skinny on the supercharger.

Its got really big capabilities. So far we have made well into the 600 HP range with it and have'nt found its limits yet! Its made over 500 ftlbs of torque at 3000 RPM, the one thing i also found that was really cool about this supercharger is just this. The air charge temperature also doesnt seem to grow nearly as fast as other units we have used. Since the temperatures never get as high as other units on the market, we are talking 30-40 degrees differcence, the air charge temperature that it does generate cools alot faster! That is due to 3 things. 1) Is what i explained just above this 2) is that the rotor design "TVS" does its compressing in the manifold above the supercharger case. Where as the other designs compress the air inside the case (ie Saleen, Whipple, KB, Etc.) 3) The air only has about 8 inchs of travel before it hits the back of the rotors, which these are inverted rotors, the shortest path with airflow. This doesnt beat the air up as much so the air is cooler before it gets to the rotors.

We have made 700 HP with TVS superchargers before. There is no reason that this Edelbrock with TVS rotors can not do the same thing. In fact you'll be suprised at the numbers when the magazine article comes out!

Hope this helps!

P.S. dont beat me up if i dont get back up here for another 2 years..

JimIII is under strict instructions not to give out Horsepower numbers on his car, but he does have plenty of knowledge to share with what we have done so far with the Edelbrock.

[email protected]
Jim, actually, the fact that the TVS compress's the air outside of the SC is the #1 reason it has lower total AE than a screw such as Whipple/KB. The supercharger is leaps and bounds better than the previous versions, including the 122H, but it's still no comparison to the screw. All the one's installing them on the Shelby's have proven that. The higher the boost, the bigger the difference between superchargers. Also, the TVS performance falls off at the higher rpm, and requires nearly 2000rpm more SC speed than a Lysholm or Whipple 2.3 Liter. This alone accounts for 40deg F in temp @ 12psi and 20+hp in power consumption. The front entry certainly has it's advantages, but its a give/take scenario. It's hard to get the air into the SC this way because of the belt system, rotor shaft, etc. but has less psi drop than a long inlet going to the back, if the rear inlet is equal in size. One can certainly make an inlet oversized to compensate for the distance traveled. I love the front entry, we've had one designed for sometime but just haven't found the right application for it.

The Edelbrock system is very nice piece of engineering, one of the nicest out there, have nothing but good things to say about it, but it's still based off of a 2.3 liter TVS that makes around 650rwhp on highly modified Shelby GT500's with bigger IC, 5.4L, 4-valve heads, higher volume intake system, etc. Certainly good for a 2.3 liter, but it does not compare to a screw-type supercharger. Screw's also have a severe advantage, compressor size. Eaton's largest TVS is 2.3L, we make 2.3, 2.9, 3.4, 4.0, 5.0, 8.3, 9.8, 13.0 and 16.0 so displacement can really increase the variance of superchargers once we reach certain flow demands.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 44 Posts