Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best place to get the KB?
I already have a diablo chip so i dont need it just a reburn.
I also heard guys state that they dont even run the BAP or larger injectors.
Can you guys guide me as far as what i do and dont need as well as what i should and shouldnt do on this KB swap?
Judging from pics i have seen i wouldnt be able to use after market fuel rails either?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Kenne Bell with Stock fuel system. 55# Injectors with Chip programed for the Injectors and no less than 65 psi Fuel.

Boost a spark is a good investment if you are planning on high boost levels over 19#s. BAP will work if Chip is programed correctly for the Fuel pressure delivery.

JLP installs them also !

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in omaha,nebraska.
No i havent purchased one yet,I did some reading up on them and im not convinced i want to throw away 4000 dollars on a blower and then turn around and spend another 300 -500 to fix an obvious design flaw.
Referring to the problem with KB blowing oil all over the engine bay.I was told the KB fix is an elbow and a piece of tubing to route the leakage else where.
IMO there shouldnt be any fix needed when a person spends that kind of cash for a product.
When they offer a realistic cure for the problem i will reconsider.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Horsepower By Hermann sells a sweet kit to rid yourself of that problem PERMANENTLY, and it looks damn sweet too!!!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Maryland/DC/Virginia people, the place to go for KB is Horsepower by Hermann. Hermann has an excellent rep, and I'm confident he will preserve my cobra as a reliable daily driver despite the extra ponies.

Bill

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I have first hand seen and test driven a few cars Herman has done,,He does great work and has great follow up after the install and tune..
Keep up the good work Herman....*

*Hermann is a friend,but does not give Senior Cit discounts :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've seen Pete's boost gauge up around 30psi and he wasn't blowing any oil anywhere. Now that chapter is closed...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think Pete had the HBH kit....LOL.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i have a kb with 17 psi and have driven over 1500 miles since installing the blower..i use the kb fix of running a hose into the fenderwell.....it doesnt even leak enough to leave a spot on my floor and today i added oil for the first tim..took less than 1/4 cup to bring it up to level....so while it is an issue that needs some kind of a fix....its not enough to keep me away from rasting the tires in almost every gear with 600 hp......mike

·
Registered
404 Posts
By the way if you are in the South Texas area, we use Strickly Performance for all our 03 Cobra needs to include KBs. Great prices great workmanship. Richard is a true professional.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts