Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was thinking about going with some Denso Iridium sparkplugs in the near future when I go have the car re-dynoed at JD's Auto and High Performance in Huntington Valley, Pa.

I have a 2.93 upper pulley, I would estimate I am making about 14lbs. of boost at this time with my other mods in sig. I have my NGK's at 0.35 right now, but I have heard that people are going to 0.38-0.40 with the Densos with no problems. I know they supposedly come "pre-gapped", I think it was TommyLightning who can gap them? Should I get the IT-20's or IT22's?

So, what gap should I get them "pre-gapped" at? Or maybe I can have TommyLightning hook them up, if that's the guy to get them from. Any thoughts? 0.35? 0.38?

Figure if they are worth a few more ponies, it's worth the shot right? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have heard that Tommy can hook you up and send them pre-gapped (extra $5) based on your application. Look on his web site.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I use the Denso IT 20's gapped @38....

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
22's here @ 36 Was using the 35 gauge, but was too paranoid to break em. So 36 is what they prolly are.

gary

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok what is the difference between the IT20's and the IT22's???? Outrageous recommended the 22's and Jim V. recommended the 20's..... ?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Ok what is the difference between the IT20's and the IT22's???? Outrageous recommended the 22's and Jim V. recommended the 20's..... ?
The 22's are colder then 20's. Talk to Tommy and ask him what he recommends for heat range and gap he will treat you right. It is well worth the $5 to have him gap them at over $10 a plug it is to easy to break them. I ordered mine from him and am happy with the experience.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tommy recommended IT22'[email protected] I will stick with that. Gonna dyno with same combo as last time (except for catted x-pipe), and see what happens.....going to JD's Auto Repair and Performance in Huntington Valley, Pa. by the way.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Reason i use the 20's,,,Even with a 2.93 pulley seeing 14lbs at times..You only see 12 @ redline..The 20's are one step hotter then the 22's..
Guys with 19lbs boosted KB cars use the 22's..
I checked my plugs after 8k miles and they were fine..so i'll keep useing the 20's until i up the boost..:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what would the ADVANTAGE of using 20's be? I am not a spark plug guru by any means......sorry.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
SolidSnake said:
So what would the ADVANTAGE of using 20's be? I am not a spark plug guru by any means......sorry.
I believe,,You shouldn't use a Plug any colder then you need.Also why gap it any closer then you need..

Works for me:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts