850 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
So how do you monitor both banks with a dual wideband
If its twin turbo that is easy. Singles u can do it pre turbo but I would reccomend checking to see if they are the same and then move it back into the downpipe. The pressure pre turbo makes the sensors read weird and the heat will kill the sensor.

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
Well what about in a downpipe that has a wastegate vented to the atmosphere? wouldnt that count as one big ass exhuast leak?

·
Registered
205 Posts
If its twin turbo that is easy. Singles u can do it pre turbo but I would reccomend checking to see if they are the same and then move it back into the downpipe. The pressure pre turbo makes the sensors read weird and the heat will kill the sensor.
?? how far is the stock o2 after the manifold ??

I'm sure it gets just as hot without a turbo

·
Registered
205 Posts
ive always heard the closer you have it to the header the more accurate it is. so 6 to 8"s sounds right to me.
Thats what I thought the idea was of the o2 the farther you get away from the chamber the less hot gases their are and the reading changes.

A and for the ones saying that it burn up the stock one work well, maybe these aftermarket one we are buying aren't as good or its just some brands are made cheap.

To the op if I just had one I would put in the downpipe too but I like watching both banks, I need to know whats going on (o2's are cheaper than a motor).

·
Registered
170 Posts
?? how far is the stock o2 after the manifold ??

I'm sure it gets just as hot without a turbo
Stock exhaust will not see the egt's that a turbo cars exhaust does. Have you ever watched videos of turbo cars on the dyno? The restriction of the turbo causes backpressure which heats the exhaust even more.

Alot of people that are serious about the condition of the engine will read the plugs also to make sure they are burning the same across the motor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts