Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, which one will make the most power, I have heard good good things about the JLP , but also have heard good things from a simple big conical with open end??

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've seen the JLP unit up close and I was not very impressed with its construction. It may make good power, but it is heavy and at the time didn't have any mounting hardware. It basically just sat in the area where your stock airbox was. It seemed to me that it would bounce around in there.

Just my opinion....

Kevin

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I dont want anything bouncing around that is for sure, someone said they reconfigured the kit some and now it accepts air from both openings beside the fog lights, but yeah that would turn me off if I werent able to mount it solid!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had my JLP unit on for 2500 of the 3000 miles now on the odometer. It does NOT move around and mine is well constructed as are all the JLP units I have seen. I have run 11.4's with it and no headers, JLP has run 11.2's with it and no headers.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I also have one of the first JLP ram air boxes and love it. I have almost 3500 miles on mine and have ran an 11.66 and 11.59 no problems what so ever.

Soon to be connected to a Kenne Bell !!!:D

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totaled and Dust those are some impressive times, what are your guys mods exactly, looks like I will be going with the JLP, is it true that it is ducted from both holes beside the fog lights, and also what kind of filter does it come with?? Any other help would be appreaciated! Thanks Trey

·
Registered
42 Posts
trey193,
My mods on the 11.4 runs were: BFG drag radials, JLP airbox and chip, bassani exhaust with high flow cats, tr6 plugs, steeda shifter and a 6# lower. The JLP unit has a hose that runs from beside the right fog light to the air box and when at the track you remove the right headlight which gives it even more air :D

If you want some pictures let me know as I am not very good at explaining things.

·
Registered
863 Posts
My Mods were JLP Ram Air, Diablo Delta Chip, 2.93 Lightning upper, Stock Lower, IT-22 Densos, Steeda Tri-AXe shifter and ET streets and Right headlamp removed for JLP opening in Box.

Thanks,

Jon :D

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Totaled man your car runs very well for the few mods, please send me some pics, [email protected], so pulley wise all U have is a 6lb lower??? Evidentally the JLP works your mph is impressive as well!! Both of your guys cars is evident that your mods work and the JLP is working as well!!!! Shoot me some pics of the JLP and any others U have, later all! Trey

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JT what do you use, I have done a lot of reading up and mod for mod your car is one of the fastest especially still with the stock intermediate pipe! Is that heat exchanger really the difference?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I am running an open ended 9"cone with the the Amazon Racing shield.

I'm not sure what the heat exchanger did. Best run before it was installed was [email protected] on F1's. I didn't try DR's until after it was installed.

JT

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info JT, I am wondering if the JLp shield is as good as the Amazon and would cover the whole filter, for me its hard to overlook the JLP several people have picked up 2-3mph in the 1/4 with it, by the way saw your car on the dyno vid, what did it end up making at the wheels! Later Trey

·
Registered
42 Posts
03_Sonic_Blur said:
Post Pics Please, Johnny Lightnings website is not producing images for this item.
Here you go:

I circled where the airduct connects to the box

Headlight removed for max air

Airduct from fog light insert

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks! Great Pics, it's like you read my mind. I saw just what I wanted to see!

Now the Bad News, my girlfriend will be pissed that I have something else to do to the car. Oh Well!

John

·
Registered
135 Posts
Has anybody seen JLPs kit that uses BOTH openings by the fog lights? I'm really curious how they are planning to transfer the driver side air to the passenger side inner fender opening. I've tried 2 different types of flexible hose on my homemade setup and have had both of them tear from ground contact because of their extremely low mounting position. Next attempt will be using a piece of 3" exhaust tubing(SS if I can find it) flattened into an oval & SECURELY mounted below & just behind the intercooler radiator.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts