Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Which automatic transmission?

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Evil Genius 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
3500 miles and 31 passes on my Lentech aod with lockup..30, 10sec passes and 1, 11.1 sec pass broke an exhaust valve..
OH WELL!!

The tranny is very good and very Streetable.
For $3400 it should be :D

Jim V.

#9 ·
We broke the 99tranny twice,Tried a heavy duty setup the second time and it also didn't handle the power we are making.
laRocca recommended the lentech as he has had success with them.
Maybe now? These tranny's can be done better. I did this 2 yrs ago.

Jim V.

#13 ·
The 4r70w has it's advantages.The Lentech i have was done as they say..
BACK IN THE DAY!!

Jim V.

#15 ·
Well, I can tell you from experience, my cousin has a broken Lentech tranny in his garage right now, and he was running 430rwhp. And a friend of mine had his tranny totally rebuilt by Level 10 with their best parts, and it lasted all of 6 months.

ANd a few of my friends had Art Carr tranny's that have lasted them anywhere from 1-5 years between them, and no problems at all, so I decided to go with them too. Since the trans install my car has handled a trillion 0-140mph runs, and about 400rwhp, and the fluid still looks brand spankin new!!!!!!

Just make sure that no matter who you decide to go with that you get blue plated clutches!!!!

Oh, and make sure you really want that manual valve body because everyone I know that decided to get one now hate driving their cars:shocked

#16 ·
it's all opinions any cuz I know a lot of people with bad art carr trannys too. get the one with the best warranty- that would be lentech.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.