Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need to order a Fore hat today. Right now I am running a BAP and dual Aviator pumps. I am upgrading to Ford GT pumps and a Fore hat and keeping the BAP for now. Should I run dual or triple GT pumps? Anyone know how much RWHP Dual GT pumps and a BAP would run? I was thinking about getting the Triple Hat pump and only running two pumps for now.

Also what gaskets have to be replaced when dropping the fuel tank? I have not dropped one in 4 years so can not remember.

·
Administrator
9,710 Posts
FORE Hats

Godstang,

Get the triple!

The extra basket is always there should you decide to use it. BTW just based on your past equipment purchases you might as well surrender early to the triple rather than later. Bottom line you are going to use it - get it now. Besides the ability to upgrade doesn't cost you anything unless you don't get it.

Ed

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I have decided on the Triple Pump Hat. Now in order to run that what else do I need? I am guessing the Zone 5 MDM. Now how many FPDMs do I need? Right now I have a BAP and a modified FPDM and lethal wiring harness. Anyone know what else I need?

·
Administrator
9,710 Posts
MDM replaces FPDM.

--Joe
Joe's got it!

The MDM will essentially replace three FPDMs one for each pump. The wiring gets very simple very fast. I believe however that you need at least one stock FPDM to be the drummer, so to speak, for the MDM. The actual current draw/pass through will be handled by the MDM but one and only one stock FPDM is necessary. An additional side benefit if I got the info correct was that the MDM ran at 2x the frequency of a stock or modified FPDM giving decidedly better resolution.

If MJ is out there watching he can set us all straight in a couple of quick sentences.

Ed

p.s. Godstang, you've got to anodize or powder coat the billet MDM housing to match the rest of the car. Of course if you get the unanodized hat then you could have color co-ordinated hat and MDM. Most people would not know if you did or did not. However there are a few people who if they knew could blow the whistle on you for an unanodized part that was not color matched to the rest of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.