Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a little imput as to what you all have done in the fuel rail situation. I am just gathering up all the last few parts before my buildup and need a set of aftermarket fuel rails.

I know SHM, UPR, and CPR make sets. Are there any others? What else will I need.

The rails will be going on a 99 cobra style intake and using the Aeromotive 1000 hp fuel system w/ 10 an inlet and 6 an outlet lines.

I just want to know what your experiences, what you recommend, and what all I need.

Thanks to all,
Ashley

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got a set from Steeda and am happy with them. Good quality as you would expect. One thing I noticed on my 97 was there is not much room between the rails and the coolant tube that runs to the heads. The fitting combination in the front of the rails should be kept as short as possible so you can remove the fuel lines easily.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Stay away from CPR.....horrendous customer service, shipping delays, parts not fully machined. Total nightmare.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies and the heads up on CPR.

gmconn1: Did you have to get anything else besides the fuel rails to make the setup work?

Thanks,
Ashley

·
Registered
59 Posts
Aeromotive's rails don't actually exist. Trust me. I waited for months and finally sent my intake to Wilson Manifolds and they made a set... So, obviously Wilson's now sells them too... BTW I never heard from Aeromotive

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Adam; I couldn't remember who you used.

Anybody have the UPR rails? What do you think?

Thanks,
Ashley

·
Registered
54 Posts
I re-did the fuel system from front to back. I got a Cartech pick up for the tank and Earls braided lines w/fittings all around. I also got a Cartech electric pump and regulator which are basically the same as Aeromotive. If you don't install new fuel lines you will need AN adapters to connect the stock lines to the rails. I think Accufab sells them but I'm sure you can find others to get them from too. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I guess I am good to go then. I have the whole Aeromotive 1000 hp fuel system w/ 10 an and 6 an lines. I should only need the fuel rails I guess.

Thanks again,
Ashley

·
Registered
482 Posts
FYI - Try to use Earls hose instead of Aeroquip if you have the opportunity....it is a bit more flexible.....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Apparently Robert Yates Racing is coming out with some modular fuel rails…

Check the latest 5.0 magazine…

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Ayrton.

I might be going w/ the Wilson rails that badfoursixgt was talking about. They run about $185 I think.

Later,
Ashley

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chad,

Great....that is the answer that I was looking for.

What all did they come w/. (I'm guessing just the rails and the brackets to mount them)

But, then another ? On UPRs website in one place the rails are rated for 750 hp and in another place they are rated at 1000 hp. Well w/in a year I want to hit the 1000 hp mark and I wouldn't want to have to switch rails. What do you think?

Thanks,
Ashley

·
Registered
332 Posts
unless UPR has changed them the rail brackets have to be modified to fit the 99.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats another thing I was wondering about. I dont know if it would have to be modified on mine because mine is the return style fuel system. Its just that I have a 99 style intake.

I'm sure we could make them work though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yes they work, i have them on my 99. i modified the intake and the brackets to make them work. i also drilled new holes in the rails, tapped them to make them work. nothing major, jut letting you know that it is not a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Is the 1000hp system you got from Aeromotive made for 1000hp of fuel injected, forced induction? Most of the companies rate or name their product for how much hp they will support carb'd...it's different for fuel injection and still different for any type of forced induction....they all have different BSFC's.

Just wanted to make sure you were aware so you don't have to turn around and swap the pump and other pieces out when you turn the wick up to 1000hp.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts