Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Bassani or borla stingers?

• Bassani catback with catted x-pipe?

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • Borla stinger catback with a catted x-pipe?

Votes: 21 45.7%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am either gonna get a borla stinger cat back or a bassani cat back? i am also gonna use a cattet x-pipe but im not sure on which brand yet...any suggestions? this explains the poll...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Extra power? Heh. I like my Stinger against the Bassani any day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Extra power? Heh. I like my Stinger against the Bassani any day.
By the way; anybody has sound clips for Borla stinger? I have Borlas on my ride but are a bit mute for my taste.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hmmm....I thought the Stinger was supposed to make more power than the Bassani.

And, I think the tips on the Stinger look WAY better the the Bassani. Bassani's look too big and funky IMO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the singer with the stock cats still.........I love the sound..its loud when I hit it.......and nice when I dont.I cant wait to see what a high flow H does....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sound clips are available on SVTPErformance.com and I am sure they are on here as well. As long as you do a search that is.....

·
Registered
299 Posts
I can't really comment on the stinger with a X, but I have the stinger with the stock h-pipe it sounds really good IMO, but I would be curious to what a x pipe would sound with it.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
bbk long tubes
x pipe with removable cats
magnaflow catback with magnapak mufflers and 4" rolled tips

I am completely swapping out my exhaust for this set up.

I have tried magnaflow X pipe with mag mufflers and spintech mufflers. They all sound awesome but I like it LOUD.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Borla Stinger Cat-Back System #140052 all the way. RDSZ: I'll be down @ XMP tomorrow with some of the guys. Cruise down if you want to hear the Stinger + MagnaFlow Tru-X combo.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
No flames, just an honest question. How can 2 exhaust systems, with 2 1/2 inch pipe, straight through mufflers, really sound or perform any different??? I've heard the Bassani and Magnaflow CB's and personally think they sound identical. Other than the difference in the tips, power and sound should be the same. The x or h pipe debate is different though, I can see why that would change the sound and performance differently. Just can't see the CB making much of a diff. Just buy the one you like the looks of!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks=Borla
Sound=Borla
Performance=Borla
Quality=Borla
Fit=Borla
Finish=Borla

Free hat with cat-back purchase=Borla

You decide......

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
The Stinger is definately a unique sound. Everyone tells me they like it. Either that or how loud it is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
just got my stingerz love em

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My combo !!!

I have the Magnaflow X with cats and the BORLA stinger system and it sounds quite loud when you get on it but it is certainly tolerable if you want it to be.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts