Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to go all out and get some comp cams with matching headwork done to my N/A 2V. What kind of SHORTY headers would you recommend for my N/A setup? Keep in mind the car will stay N/A for some time to come, atleast 2 years (gotta pay for the headwork :( ). I was going to get JBA's but saw a thread saying not to waste the $ on a N/A setup. What to do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you are going to do shorties and will not put LT's on your car then the JBA's are the best made. The only other shorties that are made are the FRPP and those are no better than the stock manifolds. Shorties are not really worth it on a N/A 4.6 due to how long the install is. If your going to get head work itll be alot easier to put in, still you wont see too much gain with them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
you might want to look at the new bassani mid length headers. The tubes are individual with a separate collector, they say these headers a much easier to install. These headers are supposed to get close to long tube performance without all the problems.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I personally prefer long tubes on an n/a or supercharger car...more of a pain to install, but worth it.

If you're going for a shortie, the FRPP stainless shorties are nice. They ARE better than the stock cast manifolds as they are a 'tri-y' design and cast will never flow as well as a tubular manifold.

·
Registered
331 Posts
How about those new mid-length headers. I read an article on then a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember who made them, seems like MAC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Might be able to have a shop cut the pro chamber and weld it to fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts