Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering which way would be easier when i go to pull my motor. through the top or out the bottom. i have a lift and all the tools in my shop so either way will not be hard for me. if any one has instruction on either way it would be greatly appreciated if you can e-mail them to me [email protected] thanks for the help in advance

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
My motor was dropped from the bottom. Unbolted the k-member and trans cross member after disconnecting everything. Worked like a charm. It's the best way if you have access to a lift IMO.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how long will it take to do that you think and how many bolts it was to take out. i figure it is not many bolts at all and can have every thing unpluged and taken off in about 2-3 hours. does this seam right

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I pulled mine thru the top, but dropping the K member if you got the right tools sounds easier.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
i was wondering which way would be easier when i go to pull my motor. through the top or out the bottom. i have a lift and all the tools in my shop so either way will not be hard for me. if any one has instruction on either way it would be greatly appreciated if you can e-mail them to me [email protected] thanks for the help in advance
Since you have a lift I would go from the bottom. I have only done mine from the top though. How ever if you have stock exhaust or shortys I would most likely still pull from the top if it was the engine only with no trans.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well there you go, different opinions.

I've pulled mine out the top complete with tranny, headers, and blower all in one piece. Done it a couple times now, and takes me about 3 hours working by myself.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
1 to disconncet the shifter
4 to disconnect the driveshaft
4 to disconnect the crossmember
8IIRC to disconnect the K-Member

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
17 bolts total to do it from the bottom. can some one send me instructions for either way so i know what i am doing and dont forget anything wile i am in there and yes the trans is coming with it so i can put the new clutch in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts