Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hammer is away right now for his job so we have his car here. We installed our long tube headers, high flow cats, and a new clutch for test purposes. The new clutch worked real well...actually too well. It's gonna take some seat time to get use to it. So, we had a magazine test session at Englishtown today and I had a talk Hammer and he said "sure", take my car. That's what he built it for anyway. The new clutch puts the power to the ground instantly which left us with some bad 60 ft. times. Muscle Mustangs technical editor Evan Smith drove the car to its best 60ft and completed the 1/4 mile at over 133 MPH. We will let Hammer inform you of the ET.

[email protected]

·
Registered
246 Posts
Damn that is impressive i bet Hammer is :D :D :D what size pulley and how much boost is his car making now? Thanks for the info Jim!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I'm in the 'Business Center' at the Hampton Inn in Washington DC (it's a small room with a computer connected to the Internet).

I'm out here teaching a Windows 2003 class and Jim asked if he could play with the car at a magazine shoot event at Englishtown while I was away. Well, I consider Jim and Shaun good friends and so I trust them so it's cool.

Anyway, Jim did 'his thing' to the car...I kind of just gave him a green light to do the things that he wanted to do to the car.

That included a set of Kooks stainless steel long tubes and catted H-pipe. He also installed the Quarter Master 8.5" sintered iron clutch that I recently purchased from Mark Disch at Quarter Master.

Lastly, Jim put his custom modified sample tube into my MAF and dialed it in with his tuning magic.

I got a call yesterday that he made 660 RWHP and 605 RWTQ with these mods. Man, the numbers just keep going up! I was truly amazed with Jim's work.

And today he and Shaun brought it over to the MM&FF track rental to get some seat time in the car.

Well, there were 4 10-second passes made on the car in a row and with bad weather and not-so-great launches to boot! Every pass was data logged and A/F was 11.3 to 11.4:1 from bottom to top all the way down the track....so everything's very safe.

Best was a [email protected] with a mid 1.8 short time. It also ran 10.80 and 10.90 with bad 60' times as well. It made a 10-second pass on a hot lap (I mean..run...come around and run again with NO DELAY) with an almost 1.90 short time.

So apparently the car wants to run 10's all the time now...regardless of a clean pass or not. I am extremley impressed with the work these guys have done for me.

Temperature was mid 80 degrees (I think Jim told me 85) and 88% humidity. So with the odds against the car, it still ran hard....and on BFG Drag Radials.

Nothing else was changed on the car...same upper pulley (reichart 2.9"), stock crank pulley, no nitrous, pump gas setup.

Oh yeah...on the last run of the day, the car broke the pulley tensioner. Snapped right off, probably from the abrupt shock that the Quarter Master clutch puts it through.

But the half shafts held up.

And JDM got all the passes on video. I'll see about getting them online as soon as I can.

Can't wait to get home to my family! Saw the Capital, the White House and all the memorials...awesome stuff here in DC but I am ready to go home now! Be home Friday evening.

·
Registered
577 Posts
HAMMER, so are you telling me that you switched to Superchips? I didn't even look at your sig., just wondering.......

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Congratulations Hammer and JDM. :blob

·
Banned
572 Posts
Hammer your theKING :king great car !!
congrats on the new mod's !! can't wait to see the videos

Looking like another job well done by JIM @ JDM :salute

SEAN D

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Damn, so the car picked up 5 mph from the longtubes & a new tune. Impressive Impressive, cant wait to see how much faster it goes with cool air and getting aggressive with the launch on some real tires, I can see low low 10's!!! Damn JDM has their stuff together, its obvious!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
AWESOME and no JUICE,,NO BOTTLE,,,,NO TRICKS,,NO TAILWINDS,NO MINE SHAFT AIR

Congrats to Rich,Shawn,Jim [email protected] Bell.FORD,SVT,ANT KNEE...ETC.:hammer :hammer :hammer

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Very Impressive!

Unbeliveable trap speed!

I can't wait to see what happens when the 60 ft comes down!

Sounds like the ultimate Mustang!

Congrats Hammer, Jim and the crew!

JT

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Congrats on the times. Would be awesome to see what the car would do with more tire and harder 60ft, im sure your more than happy with the #'s your making right now, especially with back to back to back 10 second passes at 130+

Maybe you should come up and get some MINE SHAFT AIR in the AK, as Jimmy has reffered to it as hahaha

Then again the mine shaft air was in the mid to upper 80's and the DA was 2000ft this summer.

Keep us posted, could you elaborate some more on this intake maf tube you are using??

·
Registered
438 Posts
Congratulations guys!! A job well done.

I kinda figured that the scintered iron piece was going to be real aggressive. I have the Clutchmaster Kevlar unit coming and I will let you guys know how it works out.

Good luck Rich and let's see dem vids!!!

Ben

1 - 20 of 31 Posts