Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2005-2009 Whipple/FRPP SC kits have now been upgraded to 550HP (using a conservative 12% powertrain loss). The difference is the new Generation 2 Whipple supercharger which has increased efficiency and increased flow, equaling slightly more boost (still setup for 91 octane) as well as a later generation PCM flash tool and upgraded tune. This makes the Whipple/FRPP SC kit the most powerful, pump gas, 50-state emissions legal supercharger system today.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Dustin, has there been any changes for the tune with the autos?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Dustin, at what PSI was the 484rwhp (12% loss for 550hp) attained at? 12psi @ 19 degrees ignition timng I'm assuming? Thank you, Erik

·
Registered
661 Posts
I agree, KB is just fine , they are alll good.. I use a Roush TVS, Verry efficent , and Quiet. HP 580 Pump Gas, As my times will tell. 10.57 Atco NJ .. mph 131 ,Auto car, Stock motor ...
Boost 14.0 [email protected] 6100,
Air charge temp after cooler, in 55% day 98% Thats what is all about !! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I agree...all these blowers do work good in their own way. Even my Saleen blower I think has its pluses too. I like the fact that the intercooler is above the blower and not stuck in the valley of the motor picking up alot of heat from the motor. Not sure if that really helps. But makes sense. And the straight shot entrance seems good being out front of the blower. But I know that the inside flow is abit off though and can be helped with porting and rerouting of the air coming in. But not many have done this.

So lets just enjoy the awesome blowers we have to pick and choose out there for our new Stangs! Amazing how many we have to choose from for this car.

Stock components will last for alittle while if one does push the car to that power level. But the tune is the main ingredient to keeping it alive and the use of High Octane Racing Fuel

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dustin, at what PSI was the 484rwhp (12% loss for 550hp) attained at? 12psi @ 19 degrees ignition timng I'm assuming? Thank you, Erik
Erik,

11.9psi (data logged) made 492RWHP with 100% stock engine (we round to 550 instead of 559), stock exhaust, 75deg F, 170deg F engine temp, stock wheels, tires, gears. Timing varies depending on conditions as this is a stock Whipple/FRPP calibration, therefore it had 18deg peak during this run. Were allowed to run this setup because we have a massive intercooler core (5" thick) and the largest heat exchanger of any SC kit.

Dustin

·
Registered
661 Posts
Alright guys.. Lets get back on track here. This is about the new 550hp Whipple kits and nothing else but that.

Jared
Ya Big deal, Everyone is doing that , 12lb boosrt 550hp OLD news,...,,.,
You ever see a STOCK car AUTO, go 10.5, Shaker 1000 HID lights. Ect. ?? Roush:cheers:

·
Registered
539 Posts
so what kind of price are we looking at for this kit? sent you guys a message on your myspace page a couple days ago.. i'm located in bakersfield,ca and have been wanting to switch over to a supercharger and ditch my nitrous kit....

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya Big deal, Everyone is doing that , 12lb boosrt 550hp OLD news,...,,.,
You ever see a STOCK car AUTO, go 10.5, Shaker 1000 HID lights. Ect. ?? Roush:cheers:
Nobody makes 550hp on pump gas and is 50-state emissions legal. This is a package deal from Whipple/FRPP that has undergone countless hours of durability testing and calibration procedures.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so what kind of price are we looking at for this kit? sent you guys a message on your myspace page a couple days ago.. i'm located in bakersfield,ca and have been wanting to switch over to a supercharger and ditch my nitrous kit....
If you can, please email [email protected] and he'll give you all the info and choices.

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
That is true. I have to give ya that Dustin. 550 hp on pump gas is something on these cars. So is the pressure in the cylinders or on the rods any less than say my Saleen or a Roush etc blower pushed to that level on race gas? I am being sincere on that question. You know me, I am not starting anything. I just don't know?

Just adding this to this post. I see now..its just under 500ish rwhp and not 550 rwhp. My bad.....so I can see how this is possible and not really putting much of a killer strain on the motor and use pump gas.

Job well done Dustin....

And guys..please keep this on topic. I got lost alittle too earlier. This is for Whipple and them just posting what they have forsale for all of us S197 nuts. Thank you

1 - 20 of 50 Posts