Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have some move my IAT sensor this weekend along with a few other things. I have a few questions...

Can I use the port where I currently get boost pressure from? I am trying to not have to remove the whole blower/manifold.

If so, where can I then get boost pressure from?

Is there a write up on here I can print and give to the guy doing it so theres no questions?

Is there a kit I can get that has what I need to move it? If not is there a list of things I need??

I am finally getting around to moving this and getting rid of my canned whipple tune...Mr Eric Brooks will be tuning it up for me after...52lb injectors...8 rib kit...3.2 pully...eric brooks tune...should make for a nice little change!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?t=77445&highlight=whipple+iat+relocation is a thread I started about my IAT relocation. I chose that spot because I wanted what I guessed would be the highest temp reading for built-in safety margin. Works good for 2+ years now.

You can also probably put it in one of the intake runners. I liked the existing hole you're talking about for my boost gauge but I'm sure you could do it there, too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to avoid having to take the whole blower off to tap a new hole. I would think the air in there is all the same temp since its moving pretty fast.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are going to do the tune remotely....first probably some driving and dataloging with no WOT...then after thats set...some WOT runs on a dyno in my area.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol....no such luck...im in lafayette now anyway. He can do it remotly tho if you can get on a dyno and send the logs back to him.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Has Eric tuned a 3 valve with the 52's before?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont know....is it that different from the others?? As far as I know the whipple kit comes with 38's that are short like the 52's so I believe I already have the adapter to make them plug right in...but I didnt know there might be difference in tuning them....ill ask.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He has tuned the 52's before on the 3v...no problem.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
That's good because there were problems with twin screwed 3valve cars running the GT500 injectors with part throttle issues and initial throttle tip in bullshit. I had mine straightened out about a year ago.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will find out sooner or later. We are working on trying to figgure out what I lost 10psi of fuel pressure about 2 years ago on my Nexus guage. I sent him some data logg files. I am not convinced its just a faulty reading on the gauge. But at idle its at 20-22psi rather than the 32 it was at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts