Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
374 Posts
Not sure why the whipple costs more, it comes with less vehicle warranty if installed with their tune. 1/12 vs 3/36. Both make easy 10 second cars at sea level. I am not sure why people would go with the more expensive whipple honestly (unless they want the whine). I went with the cheaper of the two.

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Name!

But If choosing between the two I would go with Roush. I have been more impressed with the cars that are running it over whipple cars.

· Registered
111 Posts
I was going to get the Roush but I ran across the Whipple tuner kit for 5k even new at a ford dealership. Couldn't pass it up and with the extra stuff I planned on putting on it made it cheaper than the Roush.
Nice deal! I remember when (my 97 Cobra days) SCs used to be in the $3-$4k range. I'd hop all over than and put a blower on my car if that were still the case. I just can't justify forking out $7-$8k (blower plus install plus supporting mods/tune) for the extra power.

· Registered
374 Posts
6k is a hefty chunk of change, but with no other changes (besides tires) you quickly get a 10 second car that is still plenty good for a daily driver and still gets 24mpg. Everything is more expensive these days, but the vehicles we get and the products we have been getting lately are more capable for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.