Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Who is fast?

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  vrtical 
#1 ·
Who has the fastest 2V N/A Car around.
Please help!

#2 ·
Fastest I'm aware of it Steve Drier's car from Houston Performance that went 11.58 @ 110 letting off in Orlando two weeks ago.

Bill

#7 ·
Of course they won't post any info about it but I've "heard" it's a stroker motor, SVO heads and intake ported. No idea on cams, CI of motor but assuming just a new short block and the top end stuff from last year. What's worse is that weather in Orlando was a joke and my car ran a best of 12.83 @ 104 on Sunday when he made that pass.

Bill

#10 ·
Re: my guess...

R. Stinchcomb said:
...is wth that speed a 110 mph means that car must be super-lite weight, gutted to the maxx...ne1 know what there using for a computer? what 60ft? are we sure a "moth" didn't trip the lite? (old joke around here) ;)

Randy
He was running first round of Mod Motor and was off the gas that is why his MPH was so low.

Bill

#12 ·
Re: no chit...

R. Stinchcomb said:
....was this at FFW race? what did they qualify at ?

Randy

p.s. have sunshine and warmer temps:)
Yes the Orlando race he qualified at 11.97 @ 109.59.

It's like 85* right now, think I'm going for a swim in a little bit. :)

Bill

#13 ·

R. Stinchcomb said:
...is wth that speed a 110 mph means that car must be super-lite weight, gutted to the maxx...ne1 know what there using for a computer? what 60ft? are we sure a "moth" didn't trip the lite? (old joke around here) ;)

Randy
It is a stroker engine, the cams aren't the biggest n/a cams HP offers, I'm not sure of the weight of the car, but I would guess in the 3100# area, the computer system being used is FAST.

#14 ·

R. Stinchcomb said:

Randy
Hey Randy, the car is completely gutted - I went and took a look at it again yesterday (3/15). It does have a stroker. I also find it interesting that the rear end is one of HP's 8.8's with the Ford posi in it with extra clutch packs and it has still helf together. FYI, HP is now also a full machine shop, Steve purchased and has running 6 large pieces of machining equipment.

Tanguy

#15 ·
Re: Re: my guess...

T. Perinne said:
I also find it interesting that the rear end is one of HP's 8.8's with the Ford posi in it with extra clutch packs and it has still helf together.
Why do you find that interesting? An automatic isn't nearly as hard on a rear end as a manual. There are cars in the 9's using the 31 spline for diff beefed up without problems.

Bill

#16 ·
I finished building my 8.8 not to long ago and since I'm running a manual I heard a lot of warnings in using a diff such as the Ford unit, Eaton, or Auburn. I guess hearing all the hype on spools and lockers during this process made me surpised when Steve told me what he was running.

#17 ·
Eatons and Auburns suck for everything but getting groceries. The 31-spline FRP unit I bought through Randy, lasted on my car for over 100 runs. And a rebuild kit solved that issue.

Looks like its time to step it up Randy. I am slimmin' down, need me to drive???

Joe

#18 ·
RavenGT said:
Eatons and Auburns suck for everything but getting groceries. The 31-spline FRP unit I bought through Randy, lasted on my car for over 100 runs. And a rebuild kit solved that issue.

Looks like its time to step it up Randy. I am slimmin' down, need me to drive???

Joe
My Eaton is holding up so far but I bet I am on borrowed time as I will be cranking it up. I do agree the FRP 31 spline is a great piece and easily rebuildable.

BTW I don't get groceries with my car hehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.