Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story made short - The rear in my '03 has whined since day one. Ford won't fix it. I love my Cobra in spite of Ford's lousy service but hate the noisy rear. Therefore I'm willing to pay out of my own pocket to get it fixed. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone to do this sort of work? I live in northeast Pa.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Have to say....Nitrous Pete is awesome at this.....when I never had time to setup my own in my musclecars...I would call Pete....I do have all the dial indicators to do the job....but working on a concrete floor anymore just doesnt cut it. So call him and tell him Hot Rod Harry sentya..

1-856-697-5254

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'm sure pete or JD's would do a great job.

depending on exactly where you are maybe heading straight east into NJ might be closer? Maybe JDM in Freehold or Crazy Horse would be closer?

If you are further north, maybe Mustang Magic?

All of the above places are more than capable.

JT

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Are you sure you have exhausted the warranty avenue?

There is a vibe TSB that says something like, constant vibe starting at 45 mph, replace center section. I think it applies to early cars and a certain diff code. Maybe someone here has that TSB handy?

Anyway, maybe you could claim that symptom and get a new pumpkin.

JT

·
Registered
652 Posts
Here's a map.
and driving directions.

Total Distance: 122.90 miles
Total Estimated Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes

DIRECTIONS DISTANCE

1: Start out going Northwest on PA-2001/ CHRISPELL RD. 0.05 miles

2: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto PA-2001/ CHRISPELL RD. 0.07 miles

3: Turn LEFT onto PA-2001/ BUCKWHEAT HOLLOW RD. 0.04 miles

4: PA-2001/ BUCKWHEAT HOLLOW RD becomes LAKE HILL RD/ BEAUMONT HILL RD. 0.18 miles

5: Turn LEFT onto PA-415/ LAKESIDE DR. Continue to follow PA-415. 2.67 miles

6: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto PA-415. 4.54 miles

7: PA-415 becomes PA-309 S. 9.56 miles

8: PA-309 S becomes PA-115 S. 4.35 miles

9: Merge onto I-476 S toward ALLENTOWN (Portions toll). 86.30 miles

10: Merge onto PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE E/ I-276 E toward NEW JERSEY (Portions toll). 9.25 miles

11: Take the PA-611 exit- exit number 343- toward WILLOW GROVE/ DOYLESTOWN/ JENKINTOWN. 0.70 miles

12: Turn SLIGHT LEFT to take the US-611 S ramp toward WILLOW GROVE/ JENKINTOWN/ ABINGTON. 0.37 miles

13: Merge onto PA-611 S. 2.09 miles

14: Turn LEFT onto OLD WELSH RD. 0.78 miles

15: Turn LEFT onto OLD WELSH RD/ PA-63. Continue to follow PA-63. 1.93 miles

Total Estimated Time: Total Distance: 122.90 miles
2 hours, 20 minutes

Attachments

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Good thought JT......its worth a shot. Take it to a friendly Ford SVT Dealership...like Downs Ford or some others

JT said:
Are you sure you have exhausted the warranty avenue?

There is a vibe TSB that says something like, constant vibe starting at 45 mph, replace center section. I think it applies to early cars and a certain diff code. Maybe someone here has that TSB handy?

Anyway, maybe you could claim that symptom and get a new pumpkin.

JT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts