Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a few new tunes this week, and planning on doing a "street" tune. I'll use my 3.8 pulley (22psi), and plan on mixing 93 unleaded and Sunoco 110 (50/50).

Anyone running a similar setup? I know I won't be able to get crazy with the timing.

93 Unleaded is 2.00 a gallon in St. Louis---that would put me @ about $65 a tank vs. the $100 I pay for straight 110.

·
Boost-aholic
2,821 Posts
I used to mix 91 and 110. It didn't do any harm...but I only did it for about 4-5 tanks worth and it wasn't even a 50/50 mix, it was more like 70/30 mix (91 - 110). Then I switched to 91 (10 gallons) and 1 can of Lucas oil Octane Booster. To figure out what octane you're running in your tank, here is a good calculator from Kenne Bell.

Just put in the octane of each fuel and the number of gallons of each fuel that you mix and it will calculate how much octane you have.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to mix 91 and 110. It didn't do any harm...but I only did it for about 4-5 tanks worth and it wasn't even a 50/50 mix, it was more like 70/30 mix (91 - 110). Then I switched to 91 (10 gallons) and 1 can of Lucas oil Octane Booster. To figure out what octane you're running in your tank, here is a good calculator from Kenne Bell.

Just put in the octane of each fuel and the number of gallons of each fuel that you mix and it will calculate how much octane you have.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Getting a few new tunes this week, and planning on doing a "street" tune. I'll use my 3.8 pulley (22psi), and plan on mixing 93 unleaded and Sunoco 110 (50/50).

Anyone running a similar setup? I know I won't be able to get crazy with the timing.

93 Unleaded is 2.00 a gallon in St. Louis---that would put me @ about $65 a tank vs. the $100 I pay for straight 110.
:shok: how big is your tank!?! $65 a tank at $2/gallon = 32.5 gallons? I wish my tank had that capacity lol.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:shok: how big is your tank!?! $65 a tank at $2/gallon = 32.5 gallons? I wish my tank had that capacity lol.
I meant $65 a tank with the cost of the race fuel. Do Cobras have 15 gallon tanks?

I was figuring 7.5 gallons @ 2.00/gallon, and 7.5 gallons @ 6.69/ gallon.

I just need to cut down on fuel costs for the majority of my cruising/racing. I'm sure the car will still run well into the 9's with the 93/110 mix. This thing gets like 5 miles to the gallon with the non-lockup converter. $100 a day for gas gets old quick!:scare:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The $65 is for the 50/50 mix.

--Joe
oh man reading comprehension has failed me lol. I'm tired and still at work(taking a quick brain break)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
We have run 22psi on torco and pulled plugs for 2 days and never saw any signs of detonation. .93 and Torco you need to watch with fuel in general, quality varies with seasons

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have run 22psi on torco and pulled plugs for 2 days and never saw any signs of detonation. .93 and Torco you need to watch with fuel in general, quality varies with seasons
I'd like to run the Torco, but I'm afraid they'll quit making it. I heard Torco went under.

The tune will be very conservative.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Who's tuning Travis? Ask their opinion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I switch between 110/94 mix and torco/94 mix with my whipple 3.4 on the street. I kinda like torco better just because I can carry a can around in my car and add it when I get gas but I know the 110 is better because its the real thing...

·
Registered
644 Posts
I run 50/50 93 and VP MS109 (Unleaded)....but Im not a boost guy! lol!

Naz
Do you order it by the 54 gal barrel?

What does it run?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I meant $65 a tank with the cost of the race fuel. Do Cobras have 15 gallon tanks?

I was figuring 7.5 gallons @ 2.00/gallon, and 7.5 gallons @ 6.69/ gallon.

I just need to cut down on fuel costs for the majority of my cruising/racing. I'm sure the car will still run well into the 9's with the 93/110 mix. This thing gets like 5 miles to the gallon with the non-lockup converter. $100 a day for gas gets old quick!:scare:
all SN95 HAVE 15.7 GALLON FUEL CELL

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I run a mix but will stop after the first time at the track. After that I'm staying with unleaded.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have no issues getting it.
Cool-----I found some for now, but would like to get it from a Sponsor if possible. I've seen some people bad-mouthing it & the deposits it leaves in the engine/fuel system. Any experience with/truth to this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts