Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems we are right back where we started. As many of you know, I recently did an email interview with Mr. Brooks relative to my exploits in the Mod Motor World. Well it seems as though John Mohovitz was insulted again :( No surprise as I have a way of putting things that piss him off. While he questions my times, ET's and other things. Rest assured it was not my intension to hurt his feelings.

John has always done a great job at playing the part of the martyr. He ACTS like Mr. Nice Guy but as you can see by the email he sent me, It is clearly the opposite. I am not going to run through a pile of 2 year old time slips to prove how fast I ran and when I ran it. There should be no Question as to my accomplishments relative to the Mod Motor Program. In all of Johns glory he never could capture the eye of FORD SVT or any other FORD entity (to the best of my knowledge). We were backed by Ford right from the get go because they were looking for a real focused effort to develop parts and the image of the Mod Motor itself. No one else was willing to do it and they obviously did not feel Mr. Mohovitz could do it or they would not have been dealing with me.

While John and other may be quick to say we never won an NMRA Pro 5.0 race, we did win our fair share of races and it was never a bracket race – ONLY HEADS UP. John does reluctantly admit I beat him but what baffles me is how he ever thought he had a chance. It’s not because I spent more money, it’s because we, my team (not just me) knew what we were doing. I had financial support from lots of great sponsors Like Summit Racing but in the end FORD’s engine support made the difference and Randy Haywood gave us a great engine to start with. – Below are excerpts from the email I just got from John and below that was my reply to him.

J. R.,

Your commentary on Modularfords.com was very entertaining. I have pretty much kept my mouth shut about you and I would appreciate it if you would do the same for me. You are nothing but a loudmouth and a liar. If you want to say something then at least say it accurately. I was the first to run in the 7's in June of 2000. AND I have the time slip to prove it AND it was done in public. My red car weighed 2400 lbs when I raced you. With all of your money and racing skills that you claim to have you are a complete idiot on the track. Round 3 I redlighted because my transmission was broken.certainly not even the fear of you running me over would worry me.

You never won in Pro 5.0 in any modular as well as never went 7.17 or 191 anywhere or at any time. Lets see the time slips. Put your money where your big mouth is. 1600 hp from you Bullshit. Where is the proof? The smartest thing you could have done was to let Bill Rimmer drive your car. It could have run in the 6's pretty easily. The only thing that kept your car from running the numbers and being competitive is YOU. No doubt that your family has had much success in the racing industry. You are impatient, arrogant, spoiled little punk kid. They only thing you have EVER done is live off the family name and make them look bad. What have YOU done solely by yourself.

Are you a good person? No. Are you a good father? No. Are you a good husband? No. Are you a good role model for your kids? You have got to be kidding. Your kids will end up in juvenile hall or strung out on dope with a half ass father like you. How can you keep a wife around? Do you keep her chained to the toilet?

I commend the good things you did for modular racing. You brought attention that I could not have done. It's no secret that I really don't like you, It has nothing to do with not wanting competition or being scared. Its not the rivalry or the shit talking or even the possibility of losing. I am friends with everyone and would give them the shirt off my back. Nice of you to mention how I gave you a hose and some clamps so you could compete at the race. You are not the first person I helped and eventually got beat by. You raced me fair and square. You beat me fair and square. Case closed.

If you want to keep talking shit then I suggest saying what you have to say face to face like a man. What happens when daddy is gone and the gravy train stops. You know there probably is a 12 step program like jack offs anonymous.

John (John Mihovetz)

Dear John

Perhaps you did go in the 7's first. But again I was first to do it in legal trim, not anything goes racing. I did in fact go 180 before you (while carrying all the legal weight) and 190. I first went 191 at Silver Dollar Raceway Park June 2001. At Palmdale and Bakersfield I ran all the big MPH numbers and there was always a crowd to verify this. While my comment was taken out of context ( I never won an NMRA PRO 5.0 race) I did win 2 races where I raced the Pro 5.0 guys and an outlaw race.

It was never my intention to hurt your feelings. Making comments about my wife and children is way below the belt. Don't talk about my father and my riding his wave when it is you that could not take your company to the next level because your mother would not spring for the insurance.

J.R. :king

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Oh, oh !!!

This one will be interesting...

JR, get the # 8 motor in a car and get together with John at the track to settle this one once and for all... That would be nice for all mod motor enthusiats to see.

John has made some changes and you are capable of doing the same, so get it on at the track, where it counts...

I would certaily pay to see that race...

Come on over to the shootout... Maybe you and John can do a little shootout tangle again !!!:D

Keep it clean please, so the thread doesn't get locked up...

Take care,
JC

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Subcribing to this thread

Subcribing to this thread:jawdrop

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Well here's an honest opinion from an outsider looking in on things. I don't know either of you, nor do I care too after seeing this poor display of human interaction. It looks like the two of you are involved in a "Who's is bigger" pissing contest and you sir are wrong for trying to rope in other racing enthusiasts like myself into it. As a professional racer with some of the biggest names sponsoring your efforts, It's amazing they are still with you. I'm sure if Summit, Ford, or any other of your sponsors catches wind of this you may no longer have them in your corner.

Now in your defense I do feel it was very wrong of the other gentlemen to attack virtually every aspect of your life and family for that matter. But he deserves credit by keeping it in a personal email and not dragging in front of the masses to unfold as the latest Jerry Springer episode.

I would challenge you to sit back for 10 minutes and actually think of what you are trying to accomplish here. Are you wanting the masses to side with you so you will have greater support when this guy badmouths you again? Does the words of this man make you feel so insecure that you need to seek out others to help defend you? Are you hoping that by posting this, others will start a witchunt on your behalf?

Some of the above may have relevance, but at the end of the day the very people reading this will only be laughing at the both of you. You see your racing efforts and accomplishments should speak for themselves. If all of the goals and records you have obtained are legit, then you by all means should not have to let your mouth (Or keyboard in this case) do any of the talking. Mike Tyson would never aknowlege any B.S. thrown his way from a guy he already K.O.'d. See what I'm saying here?

This in no way was intended to bash or discredit either you or the other party you involved in this post. I only wish to shed light upon the obvious in hopes that you will think strongly about it.

Good Luck,
Razor.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Razor made a very valid statement, and "suggestion". However, I think both sides to the situation should be displayed. Just for the benefit of both parties. I believe that it might be a little unfair to judge the factors of just one person. Maybe, as stated before it should be keep private, and leave info retainded to personal e-mails. But, then again sometimes it is best to have something left out in the open. On a side note. Maybe the best way to settle the whole thing is to hit the track, and quit the shit talking. Maybe?? Please remeber I only speak from limited knowledge of the situation.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I said - I am sorry if I hurt his feelings. Part of racing is hyping things up. There is no question that John set the standard. We just raised the bar so high he could not compete. Indy car racing is as cut throat and competitive as it gets just like NASCAR but as an enthusiast looking for help and the fact that I was Vice President of Paxton Superchargers at the time, John certainly knew who I was when I asked for help and he made it so I got none. Save for Randy Haywood.

maybe we should close this threat - it's not my call. I posted John reply to me because I am sick of always being the bad guy.:mad:

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Granatelli said:
I do agree with RAZOR - I need to chill out just a liitle:eek:
I'm not trying to knock you bro.;) I have been involved in many online flame fests myself. I am a very popular (and fast) motorcycle racer. When your at the top people will be gunning for you big time. This is no secret to anyone who has filled your shoes before. There are many mustang gods here who I consider the cream of the crop and I am glad that they participate here. I'm sure they know just how you feel.

It doesn't make a difference to me if this thread stays open or not. What is said here will not effect me in any way. I only wanted to validate some of the things that people don't see when they are angry and make a post. This post may generate a negative outcome for you in some way and with you being a professionally sponsored racer you don't need that.

Honestly if that email was addressed to me, I would just wait silently until I met the person face to face and handled any business that needed to be taken care of. To speak on a mans family, children, and wife in the name of poor sportsmanship is uncalled for. You certianly have a valid reason for being upset and I understand that.

All of what I say goes back to the saying "Actions speak louder than words". So the only way I see to resolve this is "Action". The two of you need to come face to face and either solve this issue by talking, racing, or a good old knuckle throwdown. Whatever route the two of you decide, just make sure that both parties understand it is in the name of "Who is the top dog".

Best of luck to the both of you.;)

Razor. (The online therapist)

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Granatelli said:
:king for now
You know a little birdie just clued me in to who you were and the other guy. I actually have your UCA's and LCA's on my Cobra. I swapped them in when I converted to a solid axle. Anyway now that I know just who you and the other guy are, this might be rather interesting.:D Not to detract from what I said in previous posts, But fugg it I am down for watching a good pissing match between you guys.:D

I guess since I didn't know how famous the both of you were, I really had no interest in watching this unfold. Now that I have been provided with a clue, let the madness begin! I think it would lay a good foundation for everyone who is a blind idiot like myself if you presented your backround to everyone and the other guys backround too for that matter.

Razor (Hypocrite in need of a therapist)

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Granatelli said:
You're Hilarious
Thanks.:D I'm also available for press releases, graphic design, kid's birthday parties, and a stunt double for any starving african children who may one day be involved in a movie..................... Hey I'm broke and just putting my name out there.

Anyway back to our regularly scheduled program. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!

Razor. (Like New York, I'm so nice they had to name me twice)

·
Registered
510 Posts
:jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop

This is great!!!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts