Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who all went to bowling green. also does anyone got the names of the people who had their 03 cobras there and what were their times.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I was their racing my lightning. Their was alot of 03 cobra,s their but not all of them were racing in the shootout .

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
I was there! I didn't race, my Cobra was at home but I brought the SVT Contour out!!! It was fun hanging out with Rick, Lynn and the whole Amazon team. The girls werent too bad either!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bowling Green

I went, didn't take 03 and didn't get to see much racing as I was trying to sell some toys in the swap meet to pay for changes to my '03. Picked up 2.85 non-slip/belt/pully puller/100m pully from Lynn and Rick and a Predator from JLP (couldn't wait on a list)

Bill

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was there all weekend. I was with the Strictly Performance crew but did get to meet and talk to all the folks from Amazon Racing - great bunch of guys/gals. Someone had posted a list of the qualifing positions in an early thread (maybe in the "Bar").

Jay Knott

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I heard that an 03 Cobra blew up out there...melted a piston. Sounds flaky because there was no names, no specifics.

Truth or rumor...anyone know?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
HAMMER said:
I heard that an 03 Cobra blew up out there...melted a piston. Sounds flaky because there was no names, no specifics.

Truth or rumor...anyone know?
JL's was down for the count.........I think your referring to him.

--Joe

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
soap said:
JL's was down for the count.........I think your referring to him.

--Joe
Sorry to hear that. It was a JL customer or JL himself? Lightning or Cobra?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Damn, melted a forged piston? Wow. That's a first for any Cobra I have heard, if it was a Cobra.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I know I talked with JL about 8-10 months ago and he said his car was going low 11's @ 123 or so with the Eaton and no headers, havent heard anything since until now, I would like some info as well if it was he that blew up his 03??

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
So JL broke his Lightning AND his Cobra?

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Sometimes you can go to a race, throw the dice and crap out. It happens to the absolute best of racers / mechanics.

Any number of things could have happened that have no reflection on JLP - a bad tank of race fuel, a defective piston or rod that finally let go...chip went bad suddenly...

Id like to know the details of the 03 Cobra breakage if anyone feels like talking about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just got off the phone with JL he said he bent a valve.he is gonna install new heads and cams soon he says it will gain an extra 80 to 90 hp with the new heads and cams.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts