Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I've got an O/R X that's going on when the warm weather hits, just wondering if anyone runs one, and passes inspection with it? I know that you obviously have to have cats according to laws both here and in the States, but who's local shop just lets it go?
Obviously this doesn't apply to those who have to be emissions tested.

Thanks guys-

·
In God We Trust
705 Posts
Hey all,
I've got an O/R X that's going on when the warm weather hits, just wondering if anyone runs one, and passes inspection with it? I know that you obviously have to have cats according to laws both here and in the States, but who's local shop just lets it go?
Obviously this doesn't apply to those who have to be emissions tested.

Thanks guys-
Legally they can't take Cats off unless they are replacing them . . . . I don't run cats on any of my vehicles but I also do the work myself. If you were closer I would say stop on by and I'll take them on and off for you . . . .

I have passed inspection with my fox's just barely with the offroad-X and borla's. The cobra just gets plugged in and I also had no problems there but plan on getting collector's plates to avoid the whole E-check Scam!! If they don't pull out he mirrors you're okay! They E-check my diesel every other year and each time I laugh b/c it is 5" pipe straight back to a 6" tip (no muffler or cat). I always make sure I leave a big cloud of black smoke when i leave with my "passed" certificate . . . lol. It's just another government Scam so anyway I can get around it I do! If I can help let me know . . . :tip:

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Legally they can't take Cats off unless they are replacing them . . . . I don't run cats on any of my vehicles but I also do the work myself. If you were closer I would say stop on by and I'll take them on and off for you . . . .

I have passed inspection with my fox's just barely with the offroad-X and borla's. The cobra just gets plugged in and I also had no problems there but plan on getting collector's plates to avoid the whole E-check Scam!! If they don't pull out he mirrors you're okay! They E-check my diesel every other year and each time I laugh b/c it is 5" pipe straight back to a 6" tip (no muffler or cat). I always make sure I leave a big cloud of black smoke when i leave with my "passed" certificate . . . lol. It's just another government Scam so anyway I can get around it I do! If I can help let me know . . . :tip:
I appreciate the offer, but I wont have any problem ripping out the old stock H pipe and replacing it with the O/R BBK I have waiting to go in. I was just wondering who's shop doesn't notice/care that there aren't any cats on their car. In Nova Scotia, the new inspection regulations say that the wheels have to come off, so the car has to go up on the lift for inspection, because of that, I'm worried that they'll see the lack of cats, and fail my car.
As for emissions testing, fortunately, we don't have that here, or anywhere in Canada as far as I know
If anyone's had that happen, I'd like to hear about it. I'll probably keep my stock H pipe in my garage just to be safe!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I pass all the time without cats but i do my own inspections lol, guess that might have something to do with it. You just need to find an inspection station thats freindly to hot rods.

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the shop I get my work done at would qualify I believe. The tech there who does my inspections just finished building a 680AWHP Eclipse GSX or GSR whatever the awd version is. Somehow I don't think that has a cat, lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I pass with ORX and 5% tint. I rolled the windows down and they just plug a reader into the OBD port and my CEL is off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd recommend you hook up with the local hot-rodders and see what they do. Go to car shows, drive-ins at the local Steak n' Shake (or whatever they call it up there), Friday night hangouts, etc.

You could always swap your stock h-pipe back on before inspection. Kind of a pain, but it gives you an excuse to wrench on the car.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yeah as long as you don't have a check engine light you are good to go here in MD. I keep calling and getting an inspection extension. The last I heard it was 2011 before I have to go back.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the SCT Pro Racer Package, Shut off rear 02's and turned EGR codes off passes NYS emissions no problem they just plug in the inspection machine into the OBDII port here in NY. I have no cats no EGR return fuel system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.