Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
thats tight,maybe ill get one???500hp on a stock gt!

·
Registered
492 Posts
That looks SWEET. Good find Razor. That will be my next and last modification (2 years from now :( ). Lets see, after heads and cams I should be around 305 RW, add in a 9psi intercooled and she should be spanking out 470 or more RW ? :D I like the sound of that :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
You guys thinking you can strap a blower on your stock GT and make 400+ rwhp/torque better have money for a new shortblock laying in wait.
Nice one Razor...and it's about time. KB's been dangling the carrot for too many years. I'd be interested in seeing the price for the whole system with an intercooler.

·
Registered
492 Posts
PhatDoggy said:
You guys thinking you can strap a blower on your stock GT and make 400+ rw torque better have money for a new shortblock laying in wait.
There are lots of people on this forum who are pushing over 400 RWHP on stock internals. Granted they may not last as long, but if your doing serious work to the car anyway, you should be expecting to forge the motor eventually.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So who's ordering one first? :D

Razor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hmmmmm -
anyone interested in a Novi 2000?

I have to see the real world dyno results from people, but it looks good.

I would do it in a second if I didn't already have the Novi 2000.

Howard

·
Registered
71 Posts
I really wish I wouldn't have seen this thread, at least I care even less about an 03 Cobra now!!!

Oh well, if it turns out to be that great, I'll just sell the Novi and do it!!!

The only thing that concerns me is that in fine print they showed all dyno results were done with 23 degrees of timing (wow, that is high).

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
00whitegtvert said:
I really wish I wouldn't have seen this thread, at least I care even less about an 03 Cobra now!!!

Oh well, if it turns out to be that great, I'll just sell the Novi and do it!!!

The only thing that concerns me is that in fine print they showed all dyno results were done with 23 degrees of timing (wow, that is high).
Ya the timing does seem high compared to my 13 degree's, But I don't know jack about timing on a 2V motor. I'm sure it's similar though.

P.S. If it ever comes out for the 4V cars I may get one myself.

Razor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My timing is at a conservative 14 degrees.

My buddy who has an intercooled 01 GT was running 18 degrees of timing with a Novi 1000 making 9# of boost after the intercooler - made 370rwhp.

Now he has a Novi 2000 making 12-13# after the intercooler thanks to a 3" pulley, however the tuner took his timing down to 10 degrees to protect the stock shortblock - even so he makes 413rwhp. With a forged internal block and more timing, he would make an easy 480rwhp.

Dyno #s are cool, but with 23 degrees of timing and 400+rwhp, those stock internals won't last all that long, IMHO. Of course a forged internal shortblock and that KB blower would be SWEET.

Thanks for finding that info,
Howard

·
Registered
37 Posts
It seems that once you go over 400rw, it's a gamble... some people are lucky and can run that kind of power for a long time while others aren't quite as fortunate. Should be interesting to see how 2V KB users' stock internals hold up, even with the 9psi kit.

I agree, 23* of timing really seems like a lot. A/F is fairly conservative at 11:1 though, so they could probably come close to those numbers by pulling some timing and leaning it out a little bit.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeah, ok, 500RWHP on a stock bottom end. I'd like to watch that car make a few passes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
00whitegtvert said:
Originally posted by akatherazor4
Ya the timing does seem high compared to my 13 degree's, But I don't know jack about timing on a 2V motor. I'm sure it's similar though.
Originally posted by 00whitegtvert
My timing is at a conservative 14 degrees.

Now he has a Novi 2000 making 12-13# after the intercooler thanks to a 3" pulley, however the tuner took his timing down to 10 degrees to protect the stock shortblock - even so he makes 413rwhp. With a forged internal block and more timing, he would make an easy 480rwhp.

Dyno #s are cool, but with 23 degrees of timing and 400+rwhp, those stock internals won't last all that long, IMHO. Of course a forged internal shortblock and that KB blower would be SWEET.

Thanks for finding that info,
Howard.
Originally posted by evolve
Before I posted this I wanted to make sure I was correct.

When KB says the timing is at 23*, that is total timing, which is conservative.

You have to remember, your crank position is set at 10* from the factory, and generally, when the tuner says your timing is at 14*, that is what he added to the already 10*, so your total timing is at 24*.

You can question your tuner for accuracy, but I qualified this with Joe D from JD's to confirm my suspisions.

He has KB Cobras running at 26-30*

·
Registered
802 Posts
stanggt00 said:
There are lots of people on this forum who are pushing over 400 RWHP on stock internals. Granted they may not last as long, but if your doing serious work to the car anyway, you should be expecting to forge the motor eventually.
Stock bottom end although with only 7k miles. Blown since 1200 miles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Calypso -

I am pretty sure when my tuner says 10, he means the same as the factory 10, not 10+10= 20 degrees of timing.

When I asked my buddy about his timing being backed down to 10, he replied that it was set back to the stock factory setting for safety.

KB 03 Cobras are running intercoolers and forged internals, that is why they can run much more timing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Howard, I know they are running IC's and Forged internals, but as I said, this is coming from Joe who you are aware does quite a bit of tuning.

As far as setting back to crank 10*, I won't get into a pissing match, but hey, to each his own.

PS, don't forget,. the KB for the GT is IC'd.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts