Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i got my car back from ford last thursday and didnt get a chance to check out if the new rear fixed the vibe or not til this weekend and it didnt. I also think that something else might be wrong with the car... i posted a little while back asking people if some vibration at high RPMs is normal or not and got some yea's and some not too much... well i might just be anal about the car and think that every little bump i feel there is something wrong but i am not sure...

I was wondering if anyone would like to drive my car for me and see if they can determane(sp) what the problem is or if there is even a problem...

Im going tomorrow night to have the tires high speed balanced and see if any of the vibe at high speed goes away...

So, who wants a turn at my stock, except 9" K&N, cobra...
Hammer, Hot Rod(I dont drive my car so i might as well jump at the chance to drive someone elses)Harry, Pete, my03svtcobra, anyone else... just tried to name some NJ people...

I'm off from work on friday and pretty much free this coming weekend... it would be a nice chance to put a face to names and have someone diagnose my car...

Anyone??? Thanks in advance...

If no one wants to, ill understand... :(

G

·
well if you're in the area of Toms River, I can always give you my opinion on what things could be. I get home around 4:30 pm during the work week. Let me know what happens after the high speed balance.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea its engine vibration and i can feel it through the pedals and shifter the most... and i "hear" the vibration also...

G

·
At that 4k rpm in third...try pushing the clutch in and let off the gas at that speed and see if the vibration is still there...

If the vibration is still there while the clutch is in and your idling at that speed in say third gear...then it could be the driveshaft/rear/tires etc...

If the vibration is gone while the clutch is pushed in at that speed in third and at idle...then you know your driveshaft/rear/tires are fine...and its something with the engine/flywheel etc...

Hard to explain online this morning....my mind isnt too clear this morning.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
661 Posts
Call me I will ck it for you , If you want to come down to pjs
you may have a motor vib. ? I have to drive the car . nitro

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
keep us updated on the result. I also feel a small vibe mostly 3rd and 4th gear when the car is under load. It feels like something in the drivetrain. Good luck

·
Registered
237 Posts
nitrous pete said:
Call me I will ck it for you , If you want to come down to pjs
you may have a motor vib. ? I have to drive the car . nitro
I'll check it. I have some time next week. Bring it on out here.
JW :cool:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yesterday i called up PJ's to see if I could stop by for him to take my car for a spin... they guy on the phone said that pete could take a look at it on Monday or Tuesday so call back then... Pete was about to go to the dyno... so I said I'd call back on Monday...

I really didnt have anything to do so from down in the Vinland area I jump on Rt55 heading to Philly to meet up with a friend for lunch. I'm driving along and all of a sudden i see a dark shadow gray Cobra in my rear view and the pull up along side of me. It's Pete holding up the Terminator Jacket. We roll down our windons and i mention that im TopRacer and Hammer was driving. We then went on our ways. I then thought to myself, "they must be on there way to JD's to dyno Hammers car"... so we get off rt55 on to 42 and im following... once we get on the bridge i motion to pete to put down the window and ask if they dont mind if i tag along. They said nah, come on. So i did. I'm following Hammer and hes driving good and im trying to keep up the best i could, Stock Eaton w/ K&N vs. Kenny Bell. We are weavin through traffic and finally get to JDs. I finally get to me Hammer and Pete in person and they are cool guys. Those two acted like a couple of playground kids...haha. Got to see the jackets and they are awesome! Well Hammer's car ran a couple times on the dyno and let me tell you, the first run sent chills through my body hearing that beast. We were there for about two hours now and i decided to leave. Hammer's like let Pete take your car for a spin before you leave and i said nah its okay we can do it another time. Hammer's like NO he's gonna drive your car. Pete was more that willing to do it.

[OUTCOME]
Pete said that he could not feel any vibration that was out of the ordinary. He did say that i need a new clutch because he feels that mine was pretty worn in. My TOB was going also, so im gonna call him sometime next week to get it replaced. He stated to me that I had to replace a stock clutch every 12k miles than that is good. He said to replace it with stock and not go aftermarket.

So, the car is okay and all I need is a clutch...

Thanks...PETE and Hammer...

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Top Racer, it was a real pleasure hanging out with you yesterday.

You are a nice and quiet guy so I was concerned that our LOUD personalities were gonna get to you. But I'm glad to see that you enjoyed yourself. I figured you were OK, since all you did was laugh your ass off the whole time we were at JD's.

What can I say? Pete's a glutton for punishment and it's too tempting to pass up ripping on his dopey ass!

Anyway, your car looks absolutely awesome. The yellow and dark tint are a great combo. Also glad to hear that you and Pete figured out the issues with your car. Don't feel badly, the clutch in my black 03 went after 5K too (throw out bearing as well).

Just make sure that Pete has your flywheel cut with the install of the new clutch. It will help ensure against chatter and, as it turned out for me, the vibrations that my car had at 70-80 MPH turned out to be balance issues with the aluminum flywheel. When I got it cut with the new clutch, my car never vibrated again.

Thanks for the compliments on my car too.

I look forward to hanging again sometime. Keep us posted on the progress of your car!!

Rich

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea... you were rippin into Pete good on some things...haha...

I'm quiet at first but once i get to know you guys more i get more outgoing...

Thanks for the compliments on the car and i will be getting the clutch changed soon (by Pete) and i will let you know the progress. I do have to put the car back in the shop so the can figure out the high SPEED problem... they already replaced the rear in the car and it didnt work, so i guess it is on to the DS...ill keep you all posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts