Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to install sub frame connectors and would like to know a couple of things.

1. What brand are you running?
2. Do you feel any difference in the car?
3. Any problems with the install or fit?
4. Where did you get them and how much were they (if you don't mind posting price)?
5. Do you think they were worth installing.

I was going to do weld ins but think I may take the easy route and just do the bolt ons.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Bolt-ons my be easy, but they will never give the rigidity or longivity of any weld-in subframes connectors. Jim Vaccaro is using the Steeda carbon-fiber bolt-ons on his car.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
toofast4u said:
Bolt-ons my be easy, but they will never give the rigidity or longivity of any weld-in subframes connectors. Jim Vaccaro is using the Steeda carbon-fiber bolt-ons on his car.
I saw in the MMFF article with his car that he had bolt-ons....but couldn't tell what type or brand.

I may end up going the weld in route.....it will depend on what kind of info I get from here, the great wealth of knowledge.:D

I did weld-ons in my last couple of Mustangs.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
They are the Steeda Carbon fiber units he did them a while ago. He is the only person I know of running them. I live close to Steeda and when I was there a few months ago having a dyno run the Tech said not to do them they were really worthless. But he also thought there weld-ins were the best in the world. I have MM Full-Length weld-ins and they are one of the best you can buy. The best IMO. If you do a search you will see a lot of threads on subframes. Good Luck.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I did the Carbon Fibre Steeda bolt ons..Somebody had to try them..I was not anxious to weld 25 to 30 lbs to my already heavy car.For my needs they are good and do help.They are not as good as weld ins for sure..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts