Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I don't know much about tuning, a thing or two.

I don't who's the best tuner that could tune my car (Mail Order Tune)?that could possibly send me a tune that is Dead-on (correct A/F, correct timing, no detonation)<--- I don't know if that is impossible?:sweat: but that is one of the determining factors that let you know how good is the tuner and how good/experinced he is. i want to pay someone that is willing to do he's best, I want the best for my car (safe and reliable)? Money isn't an issue.<---- yeah right:dunno2:. Right now, I'm thinking of Amazon Tuning solutions and RWTD. I'm leaning towards RWTD (Running With The Devil)... i love how this guy is willing to help the guys here sometimes and share some of the info.

I'm not sure about amazon, heard some bad things about them lately.

I Know there are a lot of tuners that can tune as good as these guys, but i need a tuner that could use all of his capabilities in such a good way and is dedicated to his work.

The car is running on 90.5 or 91 octane (95 RON), mods: UPR cold air intake:wallbash:, bassani catback, stock Boost.

Please guys don't hold any info that may help me with my decision! I need every info that i could get. any good or bad things about tuners? if you're worried about saying some thing here, plz Fell free to PM me.

That's it and thanks to all who replied here, good thing or bad thing.:thumb:

Noob:tip:

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
This is a thread in which you're only going to get information which is subject to setup, and will always include some kind of bias. You need to spend your time reading, because most people are going to say their tuner is the best.

Good luck, and most of the vendors on MF are top of the line.

·
Boost-aholic
2,821 Posts
I'd look no further than Eric Brooks, owner of this site. PM him, I'm sure he can hook you up.

Jr.

·
Administrator
1965 Superformance 427 Cobra, & 2022 BMW M850
9,477 Posts
This is a thread in which you're only going to get information which is subject to setup, and will always include some kind of bias. You need to spend your time reading, because most people are going to say their tuner is the best.

Good luck, and most of the vendors on MF are top of the line.
+1

Rishi65 hit the nail on the head!

Ed

·
Registered
667 Posts
Go with either RWTD, or Brooks Speed. Besides Amazon tuning not spending enough time trying to dial in a car correctly, their after service afterward for the lifetime tune is horrible.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
The problem with these kinds of threads are that everyone will recommend their tuner, and most people have only used one person, so they don't really know the difference between what a "good tune" and a really hacked up shit tune is. Both tunes make power, but drivability and attention to detail in all areas are what separate the tuner.

You have a basically stock car, most anyone should be able to dial that in perfectly.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
I would go with eric brooks.

I honestly would like to have eric look over my car.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I can name a few. I'm currently using Kevin Hand from Wicked and have yet to hear any negatives about his tune. There is also the owner of this site Eric Brooks as he has a rep to maintain so I'm sure he will look out for you as well. I had James from RWTD tune my car 2 years ago and he to has an excellent rep. The only reason why I didn't use him again was because I wanted someone local with my new set up. VMP tuning also has a good rep not sure if they do mail order tunes. The other one is John Lund and again is another one with an excellent rep. I'm sure there is more but these are the ones that I have either used or know someone who has. Good luck with your choice. :tip:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go with either RWTD, or Brooks Speed. Besides Amazon tuning not spending enough time trying to dial in a car correctly, their after service afterward for the lifetime tune is horrible.
Exactly what i was thinking. I've read your post, and read Godstang post. Lifetime?!? that doesn't mean anything when you have a lame *** tune and your car is running terrible. No Amazon for me. it's either Brook or RWTD.

I can name a few. I'm currently using Kevin Hand from Wicked and have yet to hear any negatives about his tune. There is also the owner of this site Eric Brooks as he has a rep to maintain so I'm sure he will look out for you as well. I had James from RWTD tune my car 2 years ago and he to has an excellent rep. The only reason why I didn't use him again was because I wanted someone local with my new set up. VMP tuning also has a good rep not sure if they do mail order tunes. The other one is John Lund and again is another one with an excellent rep. I'm sure there is more but these are the ones that I have either used or know someone who has. Good luck with your choice. :tip:
I'm planning on running a whipple on my car in the future, can i tune it with an e-mail tune?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks all for the suggestions. I really appreciate the help that saved me days and hours searching for any info.

I made my mind. i think I'm going with Eric Brook.

Eric, i'm going to cantact you once every thing is ready.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I trailered my car 800 miles one way b/c all the so called "tuners" in my area wouldnt touch my car b/c of the setup! I took the car to Eric Brooks of Brooks Speed. You will be very happy with his tuning ability especially on your combination.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 for Kevin Hand @ Wicked. He tuned my car and he did a Complete tune, the car drives/runs GREAT (I'll be honest I am still soo happy with how great the driveability is) and makes really good power ..... can't really ask for anything more.

-Jon

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Exactly what i was thinking. I've read your post, and read Godstang post. Lifetime?!? that doesn't mean anything when you have a lame *** tune and your car is running terrible. No Amazon for me. it's either Brook or RWTD.

I'm planning on running a whipple on my car in the future, can i tune it with an e-mail tune?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks all for the suggestions. I really appreciate the help that saved me days and hours searching for any info.

I made my mind. i think I'm going with Eric Brook.

Eric, i'm going to cantact you once every thing is ready.
You won't have much choice lol. But yes it can be tuned via email as well. You made a great choice with Eric. Which hand held tuner did you go with?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You won't have much choice lol. But yes it can be tuned via email as well. You made a great choice with Eric. Which hand held tuner did you go with?
:imao:Yeah like i'm having any better luck finding a tuner that knows how to tune a 2003 cobra around here. IIRC i've heard that Qatar have a mile high tuner that have a dyno which is 500 - 700 kms away. i'm not sure about that? but i'm not travelling there... too many s*** @$* roads that will be in my way, the darn roads have montains in the middle of them, i don't want to flip.:scare: hehehe

I'm going with SCT, if that's ok with Eric? hmmm, i love the way the predator looks.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
I trailered my car 800 miles one way b/c all the so called "tuners" in my area wouldnt touch my car b/c of the setup! I took the car to Eric Brooks of Brooks Speed. You will be very happy with his tuning ability especially on your combination.
im going to be making the same trip for eric to tune my crusher auto setup-elisa said she makes great ribs-im going to make her prove it

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
No no, I make the ribs. She makes the side dishes!
thats cool-just to warn you-im the tazmanian devil of rib eaters, watch out for flying bones:scare:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts