Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My NA with tune and x pipe, 3:55 gear manual car on stock 18s went 119 mph and 118.6 with paper filter.. I watched a car with steeda intake,3:73s and 150 shot trap 123-124 mph all night.. I looked and seems they falling off up top .

· Registered
67 Posts
lol its not that nitrous cars are slow in general its just that car was slow period,no matter if it was all motor,nitrous,turbo his combo is not good.

lotta factors but lets say he was going 123-124 on a 150 shot,different brands market there kits different,nos is rated at flywheel,nx is rated at rw.that bieng said a 150 nos shot will give you aproximatly 110rwhp where as the nx should give you around 150rwhp,big difference.

your car on motor is stronger than his on motor,him off the gas will probly trap 110-114 depening on the rwhp shot he has.

your car on the bottle that is jetted for a 150rwhp should go 130,wich is not slow.hope that helps

· Registered
257 Posts
In general, especially in cooler weather, nitrous looses its pressure when the bottle cools going down the track. Usually doesnt happen a lot on a smaller shot but with 1/2 empty 10lb bottles its fairly common to drop off. With a wet kit its even worse because the car gets very rich at the end since the fuel jetting is static (and usually very safe).

Not to mention off the line nitrous cars make a lot of torque and leave hard so it appears they fizzle out in the end for their ET.

Of course progressive timers, multi-stage, big bottles and heaters can change all that.

· Registered
675 Posts
My NA with tune and x pipe, 3:55 gear manual car on stock 18s went 119 mph and 118.6 with paper filter.. I watched a car with steeda intake,3:73s and 150 shot trap 123-124 mph all night.. I looked and seems they falling off up top .
Not to mention your car is turning alot of mph for the mods you have compared tO what I've seen. What was your ET when you trapped 119? Alot of cars that I've seen on here with the same mods as you are only turning 114-115 mph NA.

· Registered
675 Posts
Damn if you hooked that good with the 235/50 Pirellis maybe I will be able to leave with a respectable 60ft then. I only asked because in between gear changes if I slam it hard the tires just don't stand a chance on the street, maybe I'll get time for a few practice launches this week before I go to the track.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.