Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or 390's for that matter????
If pumpkin was comming apart anyway why put back the 355's..?
If your not going nuts with boost?? :confused:

jim v.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm with you on the 3.90's. When are they coming out?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlownCobra said:
I'm with you on the 3.90's. When are they coming out?
Motive makes 390's
Way i see it 373's = like adding 1 lb boost so 390 maybe 2 lbs.....

without spinning blower faster..

jim v.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am running 3.73s and love them. If nothing else they me out of the drone zone on the highway. ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Jim This may help , I run at 6000 at the traps, I have 3.73
I do have an auto but the conv. is a lock up. 4.10 will be too much. but if you want to go through the traps at 6400 maby you will like it .

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have been shifting @ 6200, that's a hair over peak. I think the 3.90's would be perfect.:D

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm not sure it's necessary. The only reason i say that, is our cars make soo much tq down low that on the street it will make aggresive take offs even more difficult with out going up in smoke. at the track with some good traction it may help though. I don't know, I'm just not convinced gears help our cars any where near how much they helped the n/a cobras! i could be wrong though:confused:
leon

G

·
I am not sure either....our cars make so much torque/horsepower in the mid to upper range, also keeping the car there longer might help,with the stock 3.55 gears. Pete's car is doing well though...and depending on tire height size too, then things change.

Remember the Buick 1970 GS 455 Stage 1 cars...they ran better with 3.42 gears than 3.73. They relied on the torque/horsepower mid to upper range area.

I guess only time will tell. I do wish it wasnt such a pain to change gears in these cars.

Maybe I will try and find a shorter tire to equal putting a 3.73 gear in our rear and see what happens. Same effect.

Harry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts