Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking at wideband setups for the sole purpose of monitoring the AFR and adjusting the tune accordingly, I don't need any extra features such as RPM readouts, timing, or fuel pressure, just simple AFR.

What do you guys and gals recommend?

Thanks

-Aaron

·
Registered
348 Posts
If it's going in your car I would get a aem or a autometer wideband gauge. I just bought one off e- bay brand new and it was 266.50 shipped which is a pretty good deal since at jegs and summit there are 350 and higher for the autometer ones. Check ebay out they had like 15 or so of the one I got.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
im using an ngk afx that i picked up off ebay for $250 and got a $50 cash back deal from a promo that microsoft was running on live.com so ended up costing me $200 :) have not hooked it up yet tho but supposed to be closest to a lab grade meter out of consumer line of widebands. Unfortunately though, it doesn't come in a gauge, but a small rectangular box so you have to find somewhere to mount it

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
i pretty much bought what was on sale, got a AEM, i like it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
im using an ngk afx that i picked up off ebay for $250 and got a $50 cash back deal from a promo that microsoft was running on live.com so ended up costing me $200 :) have not hooked it up yet tho but supposed to be closest to a lab grade meter out of consumer line of widebands. Unfortunately though, it doesn't come in a gauge, but a small rectangular box so you have to find somewhere to mount it
Or you can get an aeroforce and hook it to one of the analog inputs.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
ah i planned on splicing the analog out from the afx to a firewire cable for the sct x3 datalogging. Wonder if there's a way to be able to split the signal from the analog out to run it to an aeroforce and x3 without degrading the signal

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
ah i planned on splicing the analog out from the afx to a firewire cable for the sct x3 datalogging. Wonder if there's a way to be able to split the signal from the analog out to run it to an aeroforce and x3 without degrading the signal
You could make a plug system, I've done for all my sensors on the dyno. You could use a male mini jack mono for example on the WB and a couple of females, one on the aeroforce and one on the X3 firewire cable so you can switch without splicing and/or degrading the signal. When you are tuning you unplug the aeroforce and plug the X3, when not, plug the aeroforce back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts