Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 28x11.50x15 ET streets fit on an '03 Cobra lowered w/ the steeda springs.

The springs supposedly only dropped the car one inch.

Just trying to help out a friend.

Thanks,
Ashley

·
Registered
260 Posts
no.... 15 inch rims will not clear the rotors & calipers... the same tire 16" will fit a cobra not lowered, not sure about a lowered one.

Jayson

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the replies. My buddy was saying that his mechanic at Ford was saying that he could grind something down and make the tire fit. I am sure he would be talking about grinding down the caliper and then flipping the quadshock. Well anyways if anybody else has tried this let me know.

Thanks again,
Ashley

·
Registered
209 Posts
My buddy bought a set of 28x11.5x16 Streets. I lowered his car a little over 1 inch and the 28's will rub on the inner edge of the fender if you hit a ggod bump at speed. You would have to trim that out to clear it. With lowering springs you may have more problems since the wall of the tire is bigger than the edge.

Why do you want to run 28's. I run 480 rwhp with 3.90 gears and I ran my buddies 28's and they killed my times. I ahve the stock IRS so I baby it a little but not as much as you would think. My best 60 ft's. are 1.595 and I average 1.60's. I think unless you have a built solid axle so you could dump at high revs with maybe 4.10 or 4.35's it would be a mistake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.