Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dynoed my 02 Mustang GT this past weekend and she put down 300 RWHP and 355 RWTQ. With traction would I be stupid to expect a 12 second pass down the 1/4 mile strip? Don't worry no rookie driver here. I pull .6 R/T's and 2.0-2.1 sixty foots on street tires. I just dont want to go to the track hoping for something and come up short. Seems I always have that luck. :(

·
Registered
180 Posts
StangGT02 said:
I dynoed my 02 Mustang GT this past weekend and she put down 300 RWHP and 355 RWTQ. With traction would I be stupid to expect a 12 second pass down the 1/4 mile strip? Don't worry no rookie driver here. I pull .6 R/T's and 2.0-2.1 sixty foots on street tires. I just dont want to go to the track hoping for something and come up short. Seems I always have that luck. :(
2.0-2.1 60's on street tires isn't going to win the JohnForceAward.

12's are capable with 250rwhp! its not the power, it how it makes it to the ground.

Is that 300/355 with a power adder?

Joe

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you don't hit 12s with that power, You are doing something wrong. I just went 13.21 with a 1.87 60' on Street tires and 259 rwhp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Deffinitely dont have the right suspension. Eibach Sportline is what's on there. As for the power adder it is a 75 shot of NX nitrous. I guess the real question I am asking is if I crank off a 2.1 sixty, will I still be capable of a high 12? That's just worst case scenerio. I am running Nitto 555 Extreme (285/35/18). What pressure should I deflate the tires to? Would that even matter with such little sidewall?

Last time at the track I was on stock wheels with the Nitto Extreme's but a little more sidewall. Traction really feels much better with the 18's. I guess that's due to the 245 vs 285.

Ah forget, it I will just quit asking and go find out. LOL.

·
Registered
419 Posts
don't defalte the Nitto 555s. I run mine at 29 psi. Slip the clutch out and u can get the 60' down. Assuming u have a 5-speed that is. With that power, u should still run a high 12 with 300rwhp.

Tony Whetstone

·
Registered
419 Posts
97ramairws6 said:
lol how do u figure you can go low 12's on 240 hp. not to flame but come on guys some of the stuff you are posting is ridiculous
I don't see where anyone said low 12s with 240hp.

electric01 been 12.80's with 240 rwhp and stock suspension.
If you are refering to that, it is very possible to run 12s with 240 rwhp. With suspension and taking some weight out, its very possible and its been done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I am making sure 12's now. Increased the nitrous to 100 shot and just purchased some centerlines and e/t streets. :D

Now what I want to know is what all do you guys take out of the car to put it on a diet? I know spare tire and jack, but what else?

·
Registered
180 Posts
97ramairws6 said:
my bad i meant high 12's not low . still must be a damn good driver and a car on a big diet
Horsehit! You need to get out a little more there RamAir boy.

I was running 12.7s @ 104.xx, with 253rwhp. Car had rear seat delete, and K-member, and lightweight rims.

Ended up at [email protected] with a 1.59 60' while spinning 309/314 on the dyno @ 11.9a/f (4000+ rpms).

Yes, I could drive quite well, I tore the piss out of my car on every pass. Just because you doubt it, doesn't mean shit!

have a nice night.
joe

·
Registered
234 Posts
My buddy put down 254 to the wheels in his 2000 and Firday night on Quicktime Pro's and skinnies went [email protected], care weighed 3370 with him in it. Only weight taken out was spare tire and jack. His mods.. 4.30's, off road H, cat back, and desnsecharger. Thats it. Launched at 5800.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts