Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 2000 GT with a turbo using a termi shortblock (still 2v). i just got back my 03 cobra motor back from the machine shop from a fresh rebuild (.030 over + new pistons, etc) but the shop put in only 1 main stud (for the pickup tube) instead of 4 total that are needed to put the stock oil baffle/windage tray back on.

My question is will i be ok running without it? My car is a DD street car. my old motor didnt have a windage tray at all and i was fine at 440 rwhp and stock 2v shortblock with a vortech. I dont plan to go over 550 rwhp if that matters at all.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
youll be fine. but if its bothering you, then you could get a canton windage tray. it doesnt require you to change out the main studs at all. i think its about $75. That would be cheaper than buying new studs and is probably a better tray anyways than the stock cobra one. its the same one they used in the 2000 cobra r. id sell the stock cobra tray to make some of the money back

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome bro, thanks! na i dont care for one if i dont absolutely need it, im broke right now and need save as much as i can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.