Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking pin 26, but dont quote me on that. Did you have your window switch calibrated for 1 cylinder application?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
52 Posts
I didn't have to use a tach adapter for my window switch. Not sure how the NX Window switch is. But the one for my nozzle has 4 wires. one to the fuel cutoff, ground, power and the last one is spliced into the striped wire on one of the coil paks. I would call NX, they should be able to tell you there recommended way to install it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
NX does not supply the Window Switch, You have to purchase a MSD unit. Your's is/was converted for 1 cyl. by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
TruBlu01 said:
NX does not supply the Window Switch, You have to purchase a MSD unit. Your's is/was converted for 1 cyl. by the manufacturer.
Good info, Thanks. On another note you could use the MafterBurner Plus. It has a built in window switch and WOT Switch for Nitrous along with the ability to tune your A/F. It's $400 bucks though.

·
Registered
692 Posts
It's just not the thing anymore. MSD charges like $35 plus shipping, a tach adapter runs like $50. It's just eaiser to hook up and works like a charm. My problem was mine was not setup properly from MSD and I blew my intake after a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
TruBlu01 said:
It's just not the thing anymore. MSD charges like $35 plus shipping, a tach adapter runs like $50. It's just eaiser to hook up and works like a charm. My problem was mine was not setup properly from MSD and I blew my intake after a while.
Like he said.
I had mine calibrated for 1 cyl. This was before anyone had a tach adaptor for our ignitions. I would go with the the tach adapt for a couple reasons. 1. There's like a 2-3 week turn-around time from MSD for the calibration. When it's all said and done it's about $40. 2. The tach adapt isnt much more, but if you decide to get rid of your window switch you can still use your tach adapt for a tach and such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts