Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My horn no longer works and it started about two or three days ago. I did a simple tune-up and the only wiring touched was the plugs. I get done and leave the hobby shop I roll into and stab second and the damn horn blows. Not just blows but OMFG blarring as if someone is laying on it. I pull over disconnect the battery and then recconect it and the horn is no longer blowing. Later that I night I got to check it and it wont come on at all and the lights in and out of the car all started flickering. Right after I tried checking the horn and I'm like WTF ?

Then after that the lights switch starts giving me issues and I can only see all the lights in full on mode. I checked today and there where two blowns fuses and the relay was fine. #5 in the interior ( horn/fog/lighting ). The other was the fog/horn fuse in the engine compartment box. Replaced box and all lighting appears to be back to normal but I wont know until some night driving. My horn still does not work and the relay clicks just fine,unless, it's crossed or touching somewhere and the only replay clicking is the fog one. I'm going to investigate more today and try to to see what I found. Too much more or this and this thing is as good as sold......or burned...whichever comes first.:mad2:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Blackbob,
Sorry to hear that you are having more electrical problems. Have you by chance dropped your fuse panel to check for corrosion from maybe a water leak that was there when the previous owner had the car? It just seems odd that your car has had these electrical issues. I will check the schematics tomorrow morning.

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you ask,
I checked the wire going to the horns and found dirty water dripping out of the loom. Looks like time for a new ride..roflmao.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts