Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if a 2 valve engine harness can run a four vavle motor?? for instance can my 99 gt wiring and ecu be chip tuned to run say a 03 mach 1 motor??? i met a guy who swap a 03 cobra motor into a 01 gt, but he rewired the entire car from headlight 2 taillights and there no way i wanna mess with that...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes it should be able to be done without a problem. I'm saying this since I have done a few with a Tbird 4.6 2V to a Mark and a 99 Cobra engine and then 98 Mustang with a Mark engine. 2 of them had problems cause they didn't take my advise and go with my recommended FordChip. com. They figured they would try someone local and have since had problems. I'm pretty sure one of the two has given up and is now running a FordChip program.

The Mach I engine is basically a 99 - 02 Cobra engine as far as the EEC V is concerned.

I'm currently running a 96 Mark EEC V with a 98 Cobra program done by FordChip.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes it can be done, We had a guy at the dyno day in Atlanta / No Limit Motorsports that used the GT PCM and the wiring as well I understood. It made ~280 on the Dynojet and was a clean car.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what type of 4.6 did that happen to be??? was it a 99- newer with the coil on plug??? or a 96-98 with coil packs???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts