Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car in on monday for the TSB on the head. Bad news is that they called me tuesday and said that the head gaskets are back ordered for up to 8 WEEKS! Looks like I will be driving a taurus for awhile. Anyone know where i could get a set?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Sorry for the rant, since it doesn't help your situation, but why in Hell would the dealer start a job like this, without having the proper parts allocated and on hand?

What a bunch of crap. Sorry for your problems dude.

Bill

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I think that it's standard procedure for dealerships to have all parts ordered and on hand before begining service.

If that happened to me, I'd get that 'WARM FUZZY FEELING'...like something's going on that I am not aware of.

I'd call the dealership and tell them that you want to pick your car up till the parts come in. If they say it's apart, go and see it with your own two eyes.

Also, tell them that you want a service ticket with your mileage listed (that is also standard procedure for Ford dealerships).

·
Registered
295 Posts
blownwhite03 said:
Took my car in on monday for the TSB on the head. Bad news is that they called me tuesday and said that the head gaskets are back ordered for up to 8 WEEKS! Looks like I will be driving a taurus for awhile. Anyone know where i could get a set?
The funny part is they are still making the engines, it's hard to believe a 2 month lead time on a production component. :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
national pdc has plenty of left side head gskts in stock
the right side is on backorder.i thought they only do the left??????????????

·
Registered
139 Posts
BMW does it all the time.:mad: I always get a car that needs some campaign done to it to find out that the parts won't be in for two weeks or more.:thumbsdow
2kbill said:
Sorry for the rant, since it doesn't help your situation, but why in Hell would the dealer start a job like this, without having the proper parts allocated and on hand?

What a bunch of crap. Sorry for your problems dude.

Bill

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cobrabull said:
national pdc has plenty of left side head gskts in stock
the right side is on backorder.i thought they only do the left??????????????
How do I get ahold of national pdc?

Thanks Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts