·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new info on this comming offering??

jim v.

·
400 Posts
They had to finish up the Lightning run first, now they are doing the plenums for the cobra. I will have one very soon to test. It will be the Works 140 cu in. I will post some pictures soon.

Rick

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the tease :) Just a LITTLE more info please.. like a web page to read up maybe? Specifically is it roots or screw and does it have a built in bypass similar to the Eaton and does it use the Eaton/Ford intercooler or does it use its own..?

140 as in cubic inches.. where's the math whiz around here: stock Eaton is 2.2L right.. how big is the KB Screw blower?

I am way impressed by the KB numbers and may even own one one day but I have this thing for credibility and customer support that KB has a history of tripping all over.. nuff said.

Jerry

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jerry said:
I am way impressed by the KB numbers and may even own one one day but I have this thing for credibility and customer support that KB has a history of tripping all over.. nuff said.

Jerry
Jerry,

I think a little more needs to be said.

Growing up I was taught, "Believe half of what you see and NONE of what you hear". I think that is especially true for Internet information. In the past, I have seen various posts from individuals bashing KB...along the lines of your bold words above. But I have also spoken to performance shops who have installed many KB systems. And I have spoken to long-time owners of KB systems. I have gotten very conflicting information.

Additionally, there has been many an occasion where I have seen Internet message board members-and lots of them-jump to a completely unfounded and inaccurate conclusion about a certain topic. It's very peculiar to witness. A large group of people, acting as a massive, mindless and unintelligent school of fish, will post inaccurate information (in some cases dead wrong information) and one-by-one reinforce that misinformation with supportive posts. And more often than not, they have no direct experience on the subject but will still post as though they are experts.

Now don't get me wrong. We all make mistakes and are wrong sometimes. But we should all be careful with Internet information. It can be very impressionable and misleading. Jim Bell said to me, "The Internet is a cesspool of misinformation" and he is absolutely correct.

Anyway, I am sure that all vendors have their scrapes with customers. I am sure that KB is no different. My DIRECT experience with them so far has been great. Jimmy V and many others that I know, whom have DIRECT experience with them speak highly of them. I don't buy the 'bad vendor' Internet gossip about them...case closed.

I wonder, Jerry...what direct experience do you have with them that prompted your comments above? You are entitled to your opinion and I don't mean to put you on the spot but I am wondering where it comes from. Perhaps you saw the same bash posts that I have on various message boards. I wouldn't put a lot of weight in them. You may end up in the stands watching KB 03 Cobras making amazing passes at the track...instead of in the staging lanes where the REAL fun is.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hammer since you mentioned me.:)
I have had nothing but good experiance with KenneBell.
Vic and Jim have always helped me and anyone else i recommended.

jim v.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Jerry said:
Thanks for the tease :) Just a LITTLE more info please.. like a web page to read up maybe? Specifically is it roots or screw and does it have a built in bypass similar to the Eaton and does it use the Eaton/Ford intercooler or does it use its own..?

140 as in cubic inches.. where's the math whiz around here: stock Eaton is 2.2L right.. how big is the KB Screw blower?

Jerry
The Eaton is 112 cu.in. The Works is 140 cu.in. The KB is a little bit smaller than the Works due to case differences.

The Eaton would be 112/61.024 = 1.84L
The Works would be 140/61.024 = 2.29L
The KB would be 134/61.024 = 2.20L

·
Registered
459 Posts
My information came from the cesspool.. not being a smartarse but the boards are here and we have to use them with the understanding that there is information, misinformation, solicitation, negative solicitation etc.. it is part of the marketplace afterall in todays new hotrod economy. I understand all that and its buyer (reader) beware. And, when you read enough negative information you not only have to question if its true but also consider that there may be a trend, good or bad. That trend then is only finally validated when you embark on a customer/vendor relationship yourself.

Like I said I may end up owning a KB.. I'm not inclined to at this moment given the preponderance of negative information. In this case I am letting others, such as Jimmy V, yourself, Pete etc.. be the pioneers and see if the information was wrong or the situation has changed for the better. If after seeing others have positive experiences AND my own interaction with KB pre-sale is positive then I'll jump in with both feet. Hope that helps.

Jerry

·
Registered
459 Posts
IWRBB said:
The Eaton is 112 cu.in. The Works is 140 cu.in. The KB is a little bit smaller than the Works due to case differences.

The Eaton would be 112/61.024 = 1.84L
The Works would be 140/61.024 = 2.29L
The KB would be 134/61.024 = 2.20L
THANKS!

·
400 Posts
As far as the KB blowers I've owned 2 of them and never had problem one out of them. The only failures I ever heard of was caused more so by the owner not checking or not changing the oil.

Now as far as the Works 140 Blower they use a twin screw design Lysholm blower pack. This blower is used in many OEM applications and is exremely reliable. Here is a link to the Lysholm site if you would like to read up on them. This company has been making superchargers since the 1930's.
http://www.rotor.se/lysholm/en/background.asp

What the Works does is make the plenum and mounting hardware to fit the paticular blower pack to the application. They have just finished up there run of Lightning Blowers. Here's some pic's of the Lightning setup.

When I get the pic's of the Cobra setup I'll post them.

These are both great blowers and very reliable, this is why I sell them both.

Rick

Attachments

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Rick and Jimmy...thanks for the information. Rick, I am sure those Works blowers are going to be awesome...like everything else that you put out. Just wish they came out sooner...you know me: IMPATIENT! If they don't hurry and get those things out before the end of the season, there won't be any market nitch left in which to sell them! From what I have been told, KB is getting HUGE sales on this new unit.

Jimmy, I am sorry I brought you into this but I thank you for the information nonetheless. When I read cesspool stuff, I like to submit some voice of reason.

Jerry: Looks like you have the "preponderance of positive information" now to add to your knowlegebase. Making a major investment in KB is not a 'pioneer' thing. KB has been in business for many years and their products are a very safe bet. Some people are leaders and some are followers. There's pros and cons to each. This way to the staging lanes...that way to the bleachers.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the info guys.

Hammer, I lead on the Billetflow TB, you can lead on the KB. I never doubted the product it was the support.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Hammer is exactly right, you would be surprised at how much misinformation there is on the net.

·
Registered
661 Posts
John I think they are rear inlet, nitro ,
Hey call me on wed.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I like how the works case looks like our stock units. If it came in the same color or was polished it could pass as stock.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts