AmazonRacing said:
Look for one on a car at bowling green.

Rick
sweet.thks for the info rick:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
oldmodman said:
Rick, is the works blower made by Whittle? Or is it made by Eaton to the Lysolhm design? Or by someone else?
It is made by Whipple. Whipple makes the Saleen superchargers or atleast their latest ones.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Isnt the KB unit basically a lysholm? And if the works is produced by whipple and whipple is also a lyshom unit then what is going to be the major difference between the KB and the works?

·
Registered
94 Posts
It will be a 140 which is larger than the KB (which is larger than the Eaton)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I checked the Whipple web site....which referred me to the Saleen site.....which gave me no info for the 03 Cobra. I guess a call might be in order unless we all have to wait for BG and/or what Rick might come up with.

·
Registered
511 Posts
This is from [email protected] and it applies to the trucks, but helpful nonetheless.

The Whipple uses Eaton built (i.e. superior quality) Lyshom twin-screw rotors. The KB uses Autorotor built twin-screw rotor packs, however Autorotor recently altered the screw design to be less severe, thus allowing them to no longer pay the Lyshom license fees. This results in a bit of boost drop off at very high boost levels. The Whipple is also a rear inlet, which is the proper design for an axial twin-screw blower, as opposed to the KB's top inlet, which reduces efficiency by about 10% according to KB. My Work 140 gives me 24 lbs of boost with the current pulley setup, and according to Whipple, it can make close to 30 psi. As for the KBs, while they are not my blower of choice, you are still incorrect about the boost, as I have many KB customers running well over 22 psi.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Ayrton said:
This is from [email protected] and it applies to the trucks, but helpful nonetheless.
The '03 case looks to me to be a rear inlet, the TB tube comes in at the side of the rear of the blower.

JT

·
Registered
511 Posts
JT said:
The '03 case looks to me to be a rear inlet, the TB tube comes in at the side of the rear of the blower.

JT
For the Mustang yes, but the truck KB is a top loader...

Edit
Ayrton sorry, I'm new to this moderator thing and edited your post by mistake instead of adding mine...I need to ge the moderator instruction to see if I can return this post to it's original appearance, lol

JT

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was under the understanding that Razors Edge Motorsports in Florida was the distributor for these blowers in the United States..?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sal from PSP is one of the LARGEST distributors for the Works blowers...He is running the 140 on his Lightning now, a BADASS blower....

The Works 140 WILL be more efficient and make more power than a KB IMHO....There has been HUGE debates over which is better over on www.f150online.com ...Do some searching there for the Works threads...

If I had an 03 cobra, my money would be down on a Works 140 without a hesitation...

Jeff

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Ayrton said:
For the Mustang yes, but the truck KB is a top loader...

Yep, we are on the same page, I was just confirming that the '03 case is different than the Lightning case, and that it doesn't have the "toploader" limitation, if it even is a limitation.

JT

·
Registered
511 Posts
With so much it seems becoming available for the Modular engines, it will be interesting to see what shakes out in a year. It seems weird that we are talking about having a daily driver with 600 plus horsepower and we want more...

Edit away JT...lol

1 - 20 of 85 Posts