Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Please, make an effort to bring your 03s out to St. Louis for WFC6. I will be announcing this race, which features a separate class just for the 03 Cobra owners. It is an Open Comp race, so you don't have to have the fastest Cobra - just consistent driving.

I talked with N20 Pete today - he's all jacked up to run 10.00s - then something in the mid-9s before getting bounced for no cage.

Hammer - I'd like to see you out there if you can make it. Bring some friends.

For those that do attend, please grab me so I can see your car. I want to be able to let the crowd know what the hot combinations are as they go down the track.

Pump It Up!
Jamie

·
Registered
309 Posts
Jamie,

I will be there, ready to run. I am bringing with me 2 other guys with 03's that I have convinced to run as well. THey were nervous at first, thinking they were to slow. Once I explained that it is an open comp format, they got fired up. Should be a nice time, and I hope we get a nice turnout of 03's.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ill be there with mine

? will i get bounced for no cage if i go better then 11.99 or will they let some of these cars slide into the 11s. I want to stand on it and see what it will run but 12.0s dont sound like fun :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be at St. Louis on Wed night for the test/tune session.
Then, it all starts on Thursday morning.
Travel safe, and I hope to see lots of 03s in the parking lot!
Jamie

·
Registered
54 Posts
doc, qualifiing for the cobra class starts on thurs.? i was thinking friday. anyway, hope to meet most of you that attend and maybe we'll have a few...urr...pepsi's.

matt

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Jamie wil you have your 03 at St. Louis?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thursday is the "get everyone parked and teched in" day. I don't we will even be running cars until Friday morning.

I will not have my 03 at WFC6 - too much to worry about without my pride and joy sitting unattended in the pits.

Hopefully, I can borrow an 03 from SVT for a couple of runs. Maybe I'll qualify with the 03 class just for kicks.

Hammer - I'll call you with updates after each day so the gang here can keep up on what's happening.

Again, travel safe,
Jamie

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
JT said:
I won't be there, I'm getting married Friday...
John,, Congrat's..All the best. :D

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Congrats JT, it was nice knowing ya ! J/K, U still planning on going to Cecil with Rick , I'd be interested to see how your car does with his new tune, be sure to post some results!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah married life is good actually, 26 here and happily married for 2 years!:)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jamie,

I'm punking out, just got back from a week in Florida...having been up to my ears in kids and theme parks. Now up to my ears with catch-up on responsibilities.

Plus I gotta go witness a good friend get married and get tanked with him at his reception. You guys might know him...

But when you swing into my neck of the woods, we'll go do some KB cruising before and after the race. You gotta check this thing out!! And I'm hoping to put some respectable numbers up on those NMRA score boards...just before I get tossed.

Look forward to those awesome phone calls from the tower and looking forward to hanging with you at a few events soon, my friend. Beer's are on me!!

Hammer

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
I'll be there...but I'm not gonna run. Unless someone can talk me into it :D

Please explain the open comp format and how much time it'll take out of each day...I have company coming in town and do not wanna be in the pits all day.

Thanks

Randy

·
Registered
285 Posts
open comp format is bracket racing

there will be 3 qualifing runs and then the ladders are made up. You dial in what you think your car will run, and who runs closest to the dial wins. I think there is a 2 tenth break out but someone like Dr Meyer can verify this. Im more of a heads up racer but why not have some fun and maybe get some camera time in the mags.

later
Tommy

03 Sonic Blue on 18s

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Randy - just leave your 03 (with the keys) under the tower. I'll get it in the magazine and let you know how fast it is! LOL

Seriously, the Open Comp format is really popular because, like bracket racing, it gives everyone an equal chance to win. You will have three rounds of qualifying, your best run is your index. The index is programmed into the tower computer just like a dial in with bracket cars, except your performance dictates the time, not your prediction. There is a 1 tenth break out in effect - it used to be two tenths, but they've tightened that up a little.

More importantly, if we have a large 03 Cobra turnout this weekend, it makes it much easier to lobby for more events.

See you at the track,
Jamie

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
J98 - What color is your car? I'd like to check it out with that 98 Live Axle in it :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts