Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you think things couldn't get any nicer - look at this beauty that I just picked up!!!!

It is a fairly new piece that JLT just started to market - Carbon Fiber with woven colors - In my case a perfect match for my Sonic Blue Cobra.

I love it - its subtle yet noticeable, truly a piece of art!! Fit and Finish couldn't be any better, in one word - WOW!

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Very nice! :thumb2: Jay makes great stuff.

Another item that would really make your engine compartment pop is painting the heat shield sonic blue. If you can't get good adhesion with the plastic, which shouldn't be a problem with the right prep, you could fab one out of aluminum. Just a thought.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I like!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just got one on the car too. The nice thing is I deleted the overboost etc, so I had Jay delete the passenger side vacuum port which I don't use anymore, and with the IAT1 sensor on the bottom the intake looks superclean. One comment though, if you run the JLT passenger side oil seperator, you need to get aftermarket vacuum line, the factory piece can't bend that much without kinking.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got one on the car too. The nice thing is I deleted the overboost etc, so I had Jay delete the passenger side vacuum port which I don't use anymore, and with the IAT1 sensor on the bottom the intake looks superclean. One comment though, if you run the JLT passenger side oil seperator, you need to get aftermarket vacuum line, the factory piece can't bend that much without kinking.
Is this pic showing the Factory line?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just ordered the red version of this for my car. I can't wait to see it with all the engine bay changes I am making (2.2 KB swap, redfire valve covers, black Fore Coil Covers). I definitely can't wait.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes it does.
I'm not sure why the other guys didn't fit, maybe the pipe needed to be adjusted some?

Pure03Venom: I got it out for you today as I want PICTURES

Jay
Sweet, I can't wait to get it...once the valve covers get back I'll have the motor back together. Since this is a pretty significant overhaul of the whole car, there will be a lot of pics of everything once it is done. The thing is in more pieces than I want to count right now. lol

I can't wait to see if it matches as close to redfire as it does to the OP's blue. That will be great if it does.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet, I can't wait to get it...once the valve covers get back I'll have the motor back together. Since this is a pretty significant overhaul of the whole car, there will be a lot of pics of everything once it is done. The thing is in more pieces than I want to count right now. lol

I can't wait to see if it matches as close to redfire as it does to the OP's blue. That will be great if it does.
Pure - love you sig!!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Pure - love you sig!!!!
It's a sticker for the sun visors I found on ebay...I've been very tempted to order them a time or two since it is very well known in my car we are going to be riding topless...and I only hope certain passengers misunderstand what I mean. :)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Is this pic showing the Factory line?

yup that's mine. I reused the factory elbow to the JLT prefilter.
I can't wait for the carbon fiber radiator cover to come out!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Is that a custom carbon fiber shield for the air filter? I called lethal and Derek said it comes with the plastic sheild and wasn't sure about that carbon fiber one.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Is that a custom carbon fiber shield for the air filter? I called lethal and Derek said it comes with the plastic sheild and wasn't sure about that carbon fiber one.
Yeah I got one of the last ones from Metco. I think I'm going to try to make my own towards the end of the year.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a Whipple with an Accufab not an Eaton (like the pic), secondly, I only have the base kit, from the MAF forward I have my own setup (so it took some work with the slightly shorter inlet tube to get it where I wanted it). I didn't like how the factory rubber tube sat in there (on mine it had a kink in it, putting additional load both on the rubber grommet on the inlet, as well as the PCV oil seperator), add some temperature, and I didn't want either popping out or twisting enough to let air in. Also the tube on the inlet is at roughly 90 degrees, whereas the factory tube sits further up at an angle, making it easier to twist the factory tube around (I had it before w/ no problems). It's not a big deal, I was just letting people know that on some setups twisting the factory hose around (w/ JLT oil seperator) may not be ideal -just get some properly sized vacuum hose. This probably took way too long to explain, but there it is.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts