Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted a thread in gernal discussion about which cat back will deliver the best bang for the buck as far as sound/performance for 07 mustang GTs and I was also wondering which tuners are the best since I have never used one before. Can I get some information/suggestions?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Because the 05+ GT's already come with 2.5 inch exhaust, you won't really find a power gain. So I would say listen to some clips and see what sounds the best to you and get those mufflers. For a tune, go to Brenspeed.com, look for a tuner that comes with an intake. Should get some 25 RWHP out of it. Good luck,

·
Registered
220 Posts
So I posted a thread in gernal discussion about which cat back will deliver the best bang for the buck as far as sound/performance for 07 mustang GTs and I was also wondering which tuners are the best since I have never used one before. Can I get some information/suggestions?
The gains from cat back systems are pretty much nil. It all comes down to which one you like the sound of better. The only real gains to be had exhaust wise are by switching to a good set of longtube headers and getting rid of the cats or atleast going to a set of highflow cats and then getting a tune for it.

There are lots of great tuners out there. www.brooksspeed.com , www.tillmanspeed.com , www.brenspeed.com , www.bamachips.com seem to to be the most popular. As was said above your best bet, money wise, and power wise, is to get a tuner with tune, and cai as a combo kit. Most tuners use sct software so going with a sct tuner is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
An exhaust mod, other than LT's that does make a difference performance wise but not many people do is mid mount mufflers dumped in front of the axle. The over axle pipe is a restriction that does make a performance difference when eliminated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my 2cents, get a CAI, tune package from Bamachips and off road H pipe or off road Prochamber. Stock mufflers sound great with an off road pipe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks a lot for the help guys! I think I've made my decision. I have to look into the details of my warranty, but I think I will be getting this with the cat-H pipe option. http://www.brenspeed.com/bbkshortypack.html I just really hope that it won't void my warranty otherwise I will have to do without headers. Once I get the exhaust taken care of I will be buying an SCT tuner from Bamachips. As soon as the snow goes away I'll be able to get going on this project!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts