Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done attempting to switch my Superior axles (tweaked flange) to Mosers in my SRA but after I put the c-clips in and pulled them into place the main pin wouldn't fit between them. Has anyone heard or had problems like this with moser? Have to go back to the shop tomorrow and hope they don't give me a hard time. Stock everything except mark williams caps and a tru-trac the superiors fit fine. I know this piece shouldn't be too tight since the only way to get it out is to rotate the carrier and it falls out. Oh and as a last thought tried switch sides on the axle, tried flipping around the c-clips, tried changing sides with the clip and every combo all the exact same result.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
This is a common problem with the Moser axles. Most people just grind the end of each axle until the pin slides in. Moser knows about this, but they still haven't fixed it, I had this problem with a set of their axles about 5 years ago.

· Registered
550 Posts
This is a common problem with the Moser axles. Most people just grind the end of each axle until the pin slides in. Moser knows about this, but they still haven't fixed it, I had this problem with a set of their axles about 5 years ago.
What he said. I just had to shave a little off to make mine fit.

· Registered
5,035 Posts
yep! Moser states they intentionally mfr them with extra spline.

Chucking them up in a lathe and cutting off the required amount would be the best way to do it. You don't want to heat hardened axles if you can avoid it. I've seen them cut down with a chop saw though. Just cut a section, let it cool, rotate, repeat... Takes a while!

· Registered
5,035 Posts
My drivers side eliminator moser was bent. It was able to be straightened though and I haven't had any issues since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.