Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an x pipe worth it...??
What is best sounding exhaust??
Reason i asked is we all dyno and re dyno all these exhaust systems and in the end we have to live with the sound...

WHAT SOUND BEST?????

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
vote for X pipe here too...that Cobra I had with the full Bassani sounded sweet! :shocked

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Uncle Jim,

As you may remember I have a Dynomax catback which was really pretty quiet with the stock H. When I added the Bassani X, it sounded better/louder/meaner. The only downside was it did add a drone at 2k. Not sure if you would experience the same since you have the longtubes.

Bill

·
Registered
207 Posts
DR. GAS X-PIPE all the way! :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2kbill said:
Uncle Jim,

As you may remember I have a Dynomax catback which was really pretty quiet with the stock H. When I added the Bassani X, it sounded better/louder/meaner. The only downside was it did add a drone at 2k. Not sure if you would experience the same since you have the longtubes.

Bill
Bill ,1 5/8 JDM/KOOKS, Magnaflow catted h pipe and Mac Catback= no drone...
Jut wondering about sound if i use an x pipe...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
IMHO I dont think there is a better sound out there than an offroad X and Mac Catback! Put a shorty X back on your car J.V. In Columbus when I heard your car with the longtubes and H and Mac it sounded a bit splatty, I think the X really smooths out the sound and goes hand in hand with the Mac Catback!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Offroad X + MAC 3" catback :worship2 :worship2 :worship2

I dunno what it would sound like with LT's:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 3/4 Kooks long tubes, custom 3" off road X and 3"Dynomax cat back with Hooker Aero chamber mufflers...Loud as hell, but sounds sweet. I need to do something to quiet it down before Johnny Law gives me his 2 cents on the subject.

·
Registered
367 Posts
MAC Prochamber with a 3" Dynomax Cat back with ultra-flo mufflers. Loud as hell but I don't like my neighbors anyway!!!
:lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
Spintech

Jim, I like the sound of Spintech system, which of course, comes with a Dr. Gas X pipe.

Btw....love ur signature.

Ben

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Spintech

Btw....love ur signature.

Ben

I thought you would like it....:lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
That sounds badass! Ordering UPR X Pipe... That waay I wont need to worry about driver side either cause of the slip in piece they give you.

Wow was that loud and mean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Typically an h-pipe gives a deeper, lower (60's musclecar) sound. X-pipes produce a slightly higher pitched (nascar) sound note.

X-pipes in general do have better flow characteristics but the difference is only by a small margin. Obviously different mid-pipes paired with different mufflers will make the sound vary, and the removing cats also makes the vehicle louder. Depending on the year of the late model mustang it will have anywhere from 4-6 cats (w/pre-cats). Going from the factory mid-pipe to a hi-flow cat mid-pipe will increase the volume of the exhaust (because your going down to only two cats), removing the cats completely will give you the the loudest possible exhaust note.

·
Registered
131 Posts
gotta o/r h

i gotta off road h and mac dumps and it is loud as shit and sounds like an old muscle car or even a truck, i'm gettin' a x. my buddys say it sounds like a power boat....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like the H pipe myself.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts