Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright... here are the choices (please recommend more if you feel there is not a good choice in each category)....

Catback
Flowmaster
Bassani
Borla
Magnaflow

X-pipe
Bassani
Magnaflow

What would you choose and why, assuming price is no object??
What has been your experience with any of the above??

Thanks in advance for the info fellas...

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Mustang2Be said:
Alright... here are the choices (please recommend more if you feel there is not a good choice in each category)....

Catback
Spintech Pro Shootouts 4441

X-pipe
Dr Gas X-pipe

What would you choose and why, assuming price is no object??

Thanks in advance for the info fellas...
"What has been your experience with any of the above??"

Its badass!!

Gary (pimpin the Spintechs!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
309 Posts
It really depends on what you are looking for. All of them have their good points. ie

Flowmaster, sound is awesome. It does not give great power numbers on the dyno though and no stainless steel.

Borla, Sound is nice, great dyno numbers, and quality is excellent with stainless steel.

Magnaflow, sound is ok, great dyno numbers, and quality is nice with stainless steel.

Bassani, sound is nice, great dyno numbers and quality is excellent with stainless steel.

Other options are MAC, great dyno numbers, great sound, no stainless steel. Steeda, nice sound, great dyno numbers, and stainless steel.

That is my take on the different systems. Again, it really depends on you. I only went with the Magnaflow cat-back, mostly because of power numbers and stainless steel. The x-pipes aren't really generating big numbers from the stock h-pipe, so I didn't even bother.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
For all SS I like the Steeda Catback...If you want louder and more power get a Mac Catback..

I love my Mac Catback....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I am looking for the following things in the following order...

1) HP/TQ
2) Sound (deep, low, throaty rumble)
3) Durability
4) Ability to work well with future mods (in order of possiblity: CAI, Pulleys crank and blower, TB, Custom burn, KB swap)
5) Price

If you guys claim that the stock H-pipe is ok, then I'll probably leave it, unless you really think I need it. Do I? What kind of numbers have been produced from X-pipe switches?

Also, I basically want a good increase in power/torque and the addition of a sound befitting of this great car. I almost want something obnoxiously loud, but not quite. You know what I mean? I want something that WITHOUT A DOUBT separates me from a stock 2003/4 Cobra. I want it loud, but not too loud. Someone has to know what I mean.

Hope that helps you guys understand what I'm driving for here.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
In my past experience, a catback on a car with the stock H pipe is not very loud. I want my car to be loud, but not obnoxious, and I do not want it to loud in the car. I'm probably going with the Spintech setup, and stock H - pipe. I hope its not too quiet
Yo eric, get the pro shootouts. #4441.

gary (pimpin the Spintechs)

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
Thats what I am leaning towards, I just haven't heard the shootouts
guess i have to take a trip to Tifton.............

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
SVTyballz said:
guess i have to take a trip to Tifton.............
Bring your own Beer:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Borla Stinger in my opinion is pretty darn loud even with the stock H-pipe, I kept my stock H-pipe because one I liked the sound, really deap and loud, and two I have heard that you just dont pick up enough power for the $ with the x-pipe. But I would be curious to hear the Borla stinger with an x-pipe or any o/r pipe. I hope that helps , but again it really comes down to personal preference in my opinion.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
Bring it up here, put on your water tires though. It rains everyday here. Its about time for us to organize another cruise in here.
organize another cruise in here.

Cruise ,, like with a Boat:D

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
I have the 2.5" Magnaflows on my 03 with the UPR off road X..and it is DAMN loud at full throttle....cruising speeds it's very well behaved give it some throttle and the person behind you is gonna be really PISSED....lol I would go with any of the catbacks and and off road or catted x pipe..they all make great power except the flows from what i've heard..My .02

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok, I heard do not run chambered exhausts with the X pipe. So if you have an X, dont run the Flowmasters.

Also, I heard the Stinger sounds real nice the stock H, if you put an X...it gets loud as hell. Too loud.

Magnaflows.....I had them. The sound sucked. Sounded like an import.

Bassani.....sounds too blatty to me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm waiting to get my car back from the dealer; he's fixing the "tick". Then I have a 3 inch dynomax cat back and a mac prochamber to install. I'll try to get some sound files uploaded.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the stinger right now with the stock h.... and it sounds really good, but I am thinking maybe on throwing a xpipe on their just to see what it sounds like........... anybody have a sound clip or vid of a borla stinger with x pipe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bassani!

I installed the Bassani full S/S X-pipe and Cat Back. I am extremely happy with the sound. Definitely separates it from stock, even at idle. At WOT it will set off sensitive car alarms. Sounds awesome while cruising.
As far as power, I can now light up the tires just by stomping it in first. (only other mod is Densecharger w/K&N).
Also, the fit on the Bassani kit was great with a very easy install.

Good Luck,
Sam

1 - 20 of 25 Posts