Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone might have any dyno numbers or other performance info related to the difference in HP & TQ between running the Bassani catted X-pipe with the the cats on and then with them off?

Thanks

·
400 Posts
On a average car look for 6-9 rwhp and around 10 fpt. I've found the stock cat pipe ain't all that bad. The catback is the real plug.

Rick

·
Registered
124 Posts
MagnaFlow Results-

Base Mods-
2.93 pulley, Chip, CAI, Plugs

Stock H-Pipe/ Catback- 433/444

Stock H-Pipe/ Magnaflow Catback- 446/454 (wife approved)

Magnaflow X/Cats / Magnaflow Catback- 452/460

Bassani X / Magnaflow Catback- 456/462 (too loud for me)

All of these runs were within three weeks of each other. I do not have the atmosphere settings with me.

New Mods-
2.93 pulley, 4lb lower, new Chip tune, CAI, T/B, Plugs

Stock H-Pipe/ Magnaflow Catback- 477/536

Magnaflow X/Cats / Magnaflow Catback- 486/544

These tests were run about one month later after my first mods were compelted.

I am moving to a 2.80 setup with headers/catted h and a BilletFlow T/B. I will post those results in a couple of weeks. If I skip the headers or go to shorties I will be going back to the stock H-Pipe. You do not give up that much and I like the sound better. Even with the baffles installed the X-Pipe addition creates a drone in the cabin that still drives my wife and kids crazy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks Bingo,
I notice all your tests were with the cat's on. If you took them off was there a performance gain? Or would the gain be not enough to put up with the additional volume....

·
Registered
124 Posts
BlownCobra said:
Thanks Bingo,
I notice all your tests were with the cat's on. If you took them off was there a performance gain? Or would the gain be not enough to put up with the additional volume....
The Bassani X / Magnaflow Catback was the only test run without the cats. I did not care for the sound or the smell. ;) I think with the higher boost setup the numbers would have been better without the cats. The aftermarket cats flow so well that I really do not see the point of not installing them for a daily driver.

·
Registered
195 Posts
With stock "H' pipe and cats: 369RWHP

With Bassani "X" pipe & cats: 379RWHP (full system)

Sounds better to me than "H" pipe system.

as I recall I didn't gain as much TQ as HP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts