Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have I just not been browsing the boards enough? I don't know a whole lot about this car, can anybody shed some light for me?

This is from the "other other" Mustang website:

X2C Motorsports Turbo 03' Cobra, 719hp/726ft lb SAE!!!
Well we got it to the dyno like we said we would!! It made the most power of any 03' Cobra to date. For those that dont know our 03' is completely stock with an Accufab throttle body an X2C Motorsports Elbow, stock ignition, stock intercooler with X2C Motorsports Tank kit, stock P/S and hydraboost. We have deleted the A/C, it has 75lb injectors with a Custom Pro-M mass air meter. We made 25lbs of boost and had room temperature water in the intercooler (we ran out of ice). We used 100 octane unleaded fuel for those wondering and of course NO NITROUS. We did not run any thing more than 25lbs because we wanted to keep some secrets and keep the competitors guessing for now. Now to the track to lay down some #'s. We will let everyone know what it runs and what it makes with 30lbs and some ice water.

We are doing custom installs for those interested Pricing is $7500 installed.

X2C Motorsports LLC
818 901 8000

·
Registered
282 Posts
No AC....That alone would probably keep me into a KB for a street car. I would rather have 600hp with a KB and AC, than 700hp with no AC on a street car.

It is great to see the turbo kits starting to come out for our cars!

Kevin

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Not to mention it was on race gas etc. My car is primarily a street car and I like the nice factory look of the KB. If I was making an all out race car then their turbo system would be sweet, but I sure wouldnt spend the money on an 03 cobra to do it. I would get an older mustang or somthing, the IRS and T56 from the factory just cant handle it and if you are replacing all that stuff and the blower why even use a 03 cobra???

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
They reused the stock I/C - H/E setup too.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
KevinJKD said:
Because the 03 cobra has lower compression and forged internals to handle a lot of psi.
But it also costs 30+k and then you end up replacing half of the damn car anyway. You can get 03 crates for 8-9k or so and then you start with 15k into it instead of 33k. You need to replace the rear and tranny anyway so why pay top dollar for stuff your going to discard? Especially since I dont consider a car that requires race gas a "street car". Well, each to their own.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When you say SAE, you mean at the flywheel or corrected at the rear wheels? Also, with 75# injectors, how does the stock EEC handle that?

dave

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
DaveRam said:
When you say SAE, you mean at the flywheel or corrected at the rear wheels? Also, with 75# injectors, how does the stock EEC handle that?

dave
From the pics of that car were on a chassis dyno I would say rwhp.

--Joe

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
DaveRam said:

dave
Im sure the SAE correction was to account for altitude, temp, humidity etc and it was on a chassie dyno. As for the injectors, maybe it was the MAF ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Geez! If a custom Pro-M MAF can do that, why work with DFI, Electromotive, FAST, etc...? Just wondering.

Dave

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
DaveRam said:
Geez! If a custom Pro-M MAF can do that, why work with DFI, Electromotive, FAST, etc...? Just wondering.

Dave
Well, most ford vehicles the MAF's arent actually calibrated to the injectors, the EEC takes care of everything. If the EEC doesnt know you have #75 inj and the pro-M maf reports a much lower voltage than stock it could concievably cause the EEC to lower fuel flow through the #75's and hence a tune wouldnt be needed for the vehicle to run.....but at the same time you couldnt take advantage of timing etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it could concievably cause the EEC to lower fuel flow through the #75's
With injectors that large though, wouldn't you be trying to deliver a lower fuel volume than is possible with a normal pulse width? And, if this can work well this way, maybe i can get around needing a stand alone management system??? Just asking since i really don't understand all this technical stuff.:)

dave

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
DaveRam said:
With injectors that large though, wouldn't you be trying to deliver a lower fuel volume than is possible with a normal pulse width? And, if this can work well this way, maybe i can get around needing a stand alone management system??? Just asking since i really don't understand all this technical stuff.:)

dave
That was just a guess on my part, im not really sure what they are doing with the #75's if no chip is being used but weather the MAF is calibrated, and thus reporting voltages to the EEC that would make the 75's runable without a chip, or there was chip or even EEC reflash you still run into the possibility that the injectors may not be able to function well while using short pulse width but at the same time the 03's use the FPDM(Fuel Pump Driver Module) to control voltage to the fuel pumps based on what the car needs to run, so I would assume that they got the pulse width at a tolerable level AND reduced fuel pressure when at idle and low RPM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They drove the car to and from the dyno session, from Van Nuys. I was with them for the ride home. They even stopped to get some gas, good ol' 91 octane.

I'm not exactly sure but I'm thinking that with a flip chip and a boost controller you can run a few different combinations of boost / gas.

I know for sure that they plan on putting higher octane gas, ice water, and pumping up the boost to 30 lbs.

"Yippie kay yay, mother****er!" - Die Hard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts