Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know or had any experience with these I have a friend interested in getting one for his mustang. I was wondering if one is actually better than the other one. I know the new fast has a faster processor and all but which one would be better or are they about the same now?

Thanks

Nick

· Registered
709 Posts
I have the XFI. Was dead set on BS3 before I downloaded both softwares and looked through them. I like the initial options the FAST had and the user manual had great descriptions of the perameters. Neither is better than the other IMHO. Both systems will work fine and do what you want just one system has some options that the other doesn't offer. I have a friend with BS3 and after working with the XFI I really like it much more. But it really come down to what your familiar with.

· Registered
699 Posts
I know nothing about xfi 2.0 does it:

1.Allow you to tune spark and fuel per cyl?

2.Auto correct AFR?

3.Allow you to run ls1 coils?

4.Log your fuel curve and allow easy changes?

5.Are there similar cars running it that you can get a free startup tune?

I assume it does all of the above thats all I can think of right now... does 2.0 have traction control built in? Cost less more?

Out here I see many fast cars with BS3 decals not that it means anything but seeing the big boys are running it gives me hope for my turd

· Registered
1,636 Posts
the new XFI has a "self tune" setup where it will learn the car and set it up the way it thinks it needs to be. Im sure it will not be the all out best but its a great starting point for you to fine tune... I have not read up much on the BS3 but the xfi2.0 looks very good to me!

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Proefi was a choice, but I havent seen many car running it except for the one that sound and performance did and i actually think it is the cheaper of the 3 the 128 with the intelligent coils is 2800 and thats with the harness and everything is suppose to plug and play with the stock ECU and run the stock gauges.

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Tony i was looking into pro EFI. Whats your take on it?
Local 1400 RWHP stroked/88mm Supra just switched over from an AEM he's been using for the last 7 or 8 years and he loves it. It's a pretty awesome setup with built in boost control, meth control, nitrous control, and one of the most advanced traction controls of the available standalones. It also utilizes dual bank wideband, 8+ EGT monitoring and flex fuel sensor, 2 step, 3 step, 69 step, and anti-lag.

As long as the factory cluster can be made to work and the coils are legit, I'll be switching to Pro EFI.

· Registered
709 Posts
I know nothing about xfi 2.0 does it:

1.Allow you to tune spark and fuel per cyl?
yes
2.Auto correct AFR?
yes
3.Allow you to run ls1 coils?
yes
4.Log your fuel curve and allow easy changes?
yes
5.Are there similar cars running it that you can get a free startup tune?
if you by from a dealer. I went with Brian Macy he knows his stuff XFI, BIG STUFF, MOTEC........
I assume it does all of the above thats all I can think of right now... does 2.0 have traction control built in? Cost less more?
you can upgrade to the traction control box its a black case $500
Out here I see many fast cars with BS3 decals not that it means anything but seeing the big boys are running it gives me hope for my turd
I really like the FAST XFI it was easy to tune but i had a good base file to start with. One thing i liked about FAST over BS3 was I had 8 additional inputs for external sensors i can log. You had to upgrade the BS3 to get external data logging. also you can pull timing and add fuel based on air temp with XFI, you can't do that with BS3. I also like the software better.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
from my understanding proefi 128 works with the stock cluster just with there harness and coils. Were as fast and big stuff 3 you have to buy a special harness to make it work with the stock cluster and a different cam sensor.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
Just curious, but does anyone know what Big Stuff, EFI, FAST, etc offers in their stand alone's that the megasquirt doesn't??

EGT's, built in boost controller, retains stock gauges, sequential FI, auto tune functions...........all available with MS3

All at a fraction of the price of the other stand alones..........

· Registered
6,795 Posts
tony who are you gonna use to tune it. Thats the only thing holding me back
Myself. It's the one facet of this car I've never tackled. A good friend that has a VERY good grasp of tuning will be making the conversion at the same time will be available for help. Sound Performance, whom helped develop Pro EFI is only a few hours north of me so if I get into a big pickle, that's an option as well.

· Registered
889 Posts
What about the Electromotive Tec III?

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ordered the proefi 128 today with the ignitors and all the sensors. The ECU piggy backs off the stock ECU. I also got the boost control solenoid, fuel pressure sensor and a 5 bar map. The system is really awesome, the fuel pressure sensor detects if there is a drop at WOT if there is it cuts boost to the engine to keep it from blowing up.

· Registered
604 Posts
Ordered the proefi 128 today with the ignitors and all the sensors. The ECU piggy backs off the stock ECU. I also got the boost control solenoid, fuel pressure sensor and a 5 bar map. The system is really awesome, the fuel pressure sensor detects if there is a drop at WOT if there is it cuts boost to the engine to keep it from blowing up.
What did that set you back at?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.