Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...since Pete says publicly that our mufflers and exhaust made less power than his "custom setup".

This was my response before the thread got locked:

That's funny Pete...you called me from the track the day after you put our system on and said, and I quote, " it's weird, the car feels slower with your exhaust, but we just went our fastest time and mph....maybe it just because it's not as loud as the Bassani, I don't know". Then I asked you if you dynoed it, and you said "no". The next week you changed to Flowmaster mufflers in place of our mufflers, and said you picked up. I asked you how much you picked up, and you said "I don't know, I haven't dynoed it, or ran it yet, but it feels faster".

Since you couldn't give me any factual data, that lead me to taking my car to the dyno and testing it with Borla XR1 mufflers, Dynomax bullets, and straight pipes. Funny thing was, our mufflers made the most TQ, and 1rwhp less than the bullets and staright pipes. And at the time, my car was making more rwhp than yours Pete. So I find it hard to believe that it could have been more restrictive on your car.

So anyway, you are still running our system, but modified? If so, thanks for the mention in MM&FF, seeing as how our agreement was that you were going to help me promote it (which is why I sold it to you at dead cost).

The offer still stands if you want to send it back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me where I was "bashing" in my original post? I said nothing negative at all. And even offered Pete a refund on a system he supposedly no longer uses. I suppose if there is even the slightest hint of a sour thread, it's time to lock it, huh? Do I smell a little bias?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Rob,

This is a technical forum and I suggest that you cool your jets immediately and take your personal business with Pete offline.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever. I suggest you stop being so onesided, and close minded. My original post was in NO WAY negative. But you took it that way. Anytime I post anything, you have something to say about it. Which is why I haven't posted here in forever.

Why is it that so many people seem to have a problem with the truth?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Rob , When you going to admit , I went slower ,with your shet. Can you put this to rest or what , This is 3 months old !!!!
Does it suck being not second but like 3rd or 4th he he
Me, Rich, And the guy who went 10.9 .
Deal with it , And grow up

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Damn there's gonna be brawls everywhere in St. Louis, first round Accufab vs Billetflow and the main event Nitro vs QMP!! J/K guys hopefully everyone can work out there problems!!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
GUYS!

This is nothing personal. SITE RULES. We all make mistakes (including me...often enough) but it's important to maintain policies.

The mud slinging is funny and entertaining sometimes but Eric (site owner) expressed to me that it's enough lately and we need to clean it up.

Pete... NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS, PLEASE! Rob... it's not personal...really. You are welcome here and everyone would appreciate some positive, technical information sharing from you. But if your only posts are going to be personal laundary and complaints, we have enough of that from the active members as it is.

Stay...don't stay...that's your decision.

Just cool out and clean it up now...everyone, PLEASE!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
May i suggest that Rob and Pete not only use E mail,,Private Messages,,,Use the Telephone..
There is also a lot of other vendors snipping at each other here.
Some do it here and some have others do it for them..That's the worst..
Just want you all to know it does not go unnoticed and reflects badly on all of you vendors.

G

·
Hey Guys.....cut it out man...its really depressing me....if not..I will just have to kick all your asses...and believe me...I can do it.

Hot Rod(make a phone call and deal with it)Harry
2003 Cobra DSG (20 lbs of boost and Nitrous)
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I'm with you Harry.

This forum is for sharing information that benefits everyone. Alot of the topics have gotten off track lately, and its the moderator's job to keep them on topic. Its more of a task than most realized.

Its difficult sometimes to moderate and not hurt someone's feelings. Its VERY political.

I stand with Hammer's decision to lock that thread, it was personal business and no one is going to benefit from it.

I'm keeping this thread unlocked so that you guys can air things out since you (Rob) want this to be public. If it turns into all out mudslinging, I will lock it immediately.

:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I for one want to air out my shorts...I had alot of cabbage yesterday and they really need it. Why is it all the 03 guys are always arguing? Is it really that bad to own one? If so I will stay with my 99. I would rather be happy with a 99 than pissed and crying with an 03 any day. I dont need no stinking flame suit BTW..I start a fire I can handle. BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :shootbird

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
ModMan said:
I for one want to air out my shorts...I had alot of cabbage yesterday and they really need it. Why is it all the 03 guys are always arguing? Is it really that bad to own one? If so I will stay with my 99. I would rather be happy with a 99 than pissed and crying with an 03 any day. I dont need no stinking flame suit BTW..I start a fire I can handle. BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :shootbird
LMAO!!!

Oh BOY! Here we go! Alright, then. Game on.

Where's Curly and Moe??

·
Registered
661 Posts
Trey: Rob , was selling his car , I dont know if he did , I would really like to race him at wff6 and beat him with my exhaust , wich he can examin, to see for him self, Maby he has no car , I would sell mine if it was slow also. BUT !! Its NOt

Oh And Hammer I only see Rob post when he wants to bash someone, Never adds any tech to the board ! or help...;)

Need the combo call nitro

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
nitrous pete said:
Oh And Hammer I only see Rob post when he wants to bash someone, Never adds any tech to the board ! or help...;)
Don't take that tone with me, boy. I know where you live!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Rob, reckon you gots a pipe that will fit ma junk haulin truck? and a muffler?

Pipes dats on it are rusty and Lamont keep pokin holes in da muffler tryin to pick up girls.

I'll dyno and tell you what I find out too

Hammer that pic in yo sig look alot like Esther

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmm... I don't post much but read and understand alot in the modular world.

My 98 has been thru a few different exhausts before I was happy with it. Finally settling on JBA shorties, Bassani off road x, Borla catback. With Borla being by far the worst in fitment. In fact it has been modified many times and till this day still doesn't fit right.

To the point, I put QMP's exhaust on the 03 recently and the quality was awesome. I don't know Rob but the product was total quality and fitment was excellent. The only product that I have seen with the same quality was the FLP longtubes I put on my wifes WS6.

I haven't dynoed the car with it yet but from a quality standpoint I am very happy with it.

The bottom line is this: there is many ways to get to the same end, when I see vendors-tuners that are not trying to do that it pisses me off. We don't need a big love affair but good info that we all can use. In the end we all save money, go fast, and WIN.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ModMan said:
I havta agree wit you my young smelly friend, us junk truck drivers dont agree nothin like these 03 boys

they be fussin bout any ole thang

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sanford, that ole rutsa buket ass truch uh yo's ain't got enuff powa to even get up ons the dyno rolla. Sometimes I buleve

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.